Chinny - He's off, isn't he?

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    Riis is the man. Can't wait to see how he develops Contador - his tactical nous and professionalism along with Contador's natural talent and his attitude are going to work very well I think. Will be a powerhouse hopefully - can't wait.

As for Fabian, well whatever, loses some respect over the way he handled this matter but then as usual we never know the whole story. Lets see how well he does next year without Riis.

None of us know what has gone on in the relationship between FC and Riis. Maybe FC has been mistreated and promises have been broken. Maybe he's being a primadonna. We really don't know, so it's best not to judge.

Which is why I said clearly: but then as usual we never know the whole story
    He is on my sig line btw

Tbh if BMC changed their horrible red kits, rode the black and white ones and used the ridiculous BMC TT machines, I would be very happy to get a lot of photos of Fabian in that set-up.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Which is why I said clearly: but then as usual we never know the whole story
    He is on my sig line btw

Tbh if BMC changed their horrible red kits, rode the black and white ones and used the ridiculous BMC TT machines, I would be very happy to get a lot of photos of Fabian in that set-up.

As ever Frenchie you've cut straight to the big issue, changing those red kits to black. Just imagine all those photo's of Fabian huh, hope you have the box of tissues handy ;)
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Thought the Finney to BMC rumour had been quashed?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    why do these threads have to be started with such stupid titles. I've never heard Contador referred to as the Accountant or Cancellara as Chinny. Would it have been so hard to start a thread saying Cancellara to leave Saxo then people might know who it refers to from the thread title and not get duplicate theads
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    sherer wrote:
    why do these threads have to be started with such stupid titles. I've never heard Contador referred to as the Accountant or Cancellara as Chinny. Would it have been so hard to start a thread saying Cancellara to leave Saxo then people might know who it refers to from the thread title and not get duplicate theads

Yeah. He's not "Chinny"

He's Spartacus.

(except for every second Tuesday, when Cancellara refers to himself as "Tony Montana")
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    LangerDan wrote:
    (except for every second Tuesday, when Cancellara refers to himself as "Tony Montana")

Tony Montana, my ar*e. He's clearly Inspector Gadget. Go, Go, Gadget Motorbike!

Inspector_Gadget(1).jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Going to Schlux according to the internetz.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    sherer wrote:

There's nothing stopping you from starting a thread, it's just you'll have to beat Iain to any news as he posts it up as soon as it hits the wire. (Rumours that iainf72 is, in fact, NASA's latest attempt to pass the Turing Test were unconfirmed when we went to press).

As for nicknames, it's against all rules known to man to allow someone to choose their own nickname. Cancellara is Chinny for obvious reasons, and as such it is the perfect nickname.
  • I think there is every chance he will end up with the Schleck brothers and not just because his face is a similar type of shape.

They all seem to be inseperable.
  • iainf72

They all seem to be inseperable.

Are you talking about their drinking at the Vuelta? :wink:
  • - Fäbu
    Dialect pronunciation of his first name in the region of the Swiss capital of Bern.
    - Spartacus
    Relating to his rather muscular built, for sure when compared to climbing midgets.
    - The Gladiator
    An obvious variation on the Spartacus theme.
    - Goliath
    Again referring to his solid build.
    - The motorbike
    Come from the blistering pace he set on the pavées on his way to winning Paris-Roubaix.
    - Berna's Locomotive
    Again referring to his brutal strength and place of residence.
    - Tony Montana
    After the main character of Scarface - after all Cancellara is half Swiss, half Italian.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    - Tony Montana
    After the main character of Scarface - after all Cancellara is half Swiss, half Italian.

And Tony Montana is Cuban.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    - Spartacus
    Relating to his rather muscular built, for sure when compared to climbing midgets.

Surely this is in reference to his giant chin, a la Kirk Douglas, who played (you guessed it...) Spartacus.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Stuey01 wrote:
    - Spartacus

Surely this is in reference to his giant chin, a la Kirk Douglas, who played (you guessed it...) Spartacus.

Surely this is a reference to his uncanny likeness to the Icelandic actor who plays 'Sportacus' in kids TV's 'Lazytown'?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    calvjones wrote:
    Stuey01 wrote:
    - Spartacus

Surely this is a reference to his uncanny likeness to the Icelandic actor who plays 'Sportacus' in kids TV's 'Lazytown'?

By jove I think you're right....

sportacus_071019013012841_wideweb__300x418.jpg
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    My vote's on the massive jowls and dimpled chin.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Stuey01 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Stuey01 wrote:
    - Spartacus

By jove I think you're right....

sportacus_071019013012841_wideweb__300x418.jpg

Right show, wrong character - Chinny is "Robbie Rotten"

RobPg.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    RichN95 wrote:
    - Tony Montana

And Tony Montana is Cuban.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Saxo peeved that he left the Vuelta without even saying goodbye!!

“I want an explanation from Fabian and I think he owes an explanation to his teammates, as to why he left here without even saying goodbye,” he added.

McGee told the Reuters news agency that “We are extremely disappointed with Fabian's exit. It is not the way a great champion should behave. He decided to get off the bike for still unknown reasons. He hurried to the airport to catch a plane, and now he has turned off his cell phone.”

Doing a tour of barcelona chemists in a daze?
    Dan
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Stuey01 wrote:
    - Spartacus

And the dimple. He's got a total Kirk Douglas (Spartacus) chin.

Tony Montana, Half Swiss Half Italian, classic stuff :)
  • RichN95.
    The real reason that FC is known as Tony Montana is that when he goes out on a big night out with his friends Andy and Stuart, late into the night, he has a habit of standing on a table, dropping his trousers and shouting "Say hello to my little friend!"

(Disclaimer: I may have just made that up)
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    The real reason that FC is known as Tony Montana is that when he goes out on a big night out with his friends Andy and Stuart, late into the night, he has a habit of standing on a table, dropping his trousers and shouting "Say hello to my little friend!"

(Disclaimer: I may have just made that up)

Excellent work. Pity you didn't manage to work in consuming a huge amount of drugs into the story.
  • Wherever he ends up, I hope during next year's Tour he works his proverbials off to get himself or a team mate in a race winning position, only for Garmin or Sunguard to neutralise the race.
  • Wherever he ends up, I hope during next year's Tour he works his proverbials off to get himself or a team mate in a race winning position, only for Garmin or Sunguard to neutralise the race.

:lol:
  • TeamLux will need a big budget by the look of it............Shlecks, O'Grady, Canc, Fuglsang etc etc. Who are the sponsors (apart from Trek)?
  • TeamLux will need a big budget by the look of it............Shlecks, O'Grady, Canc, Fuglsang etc etc. Who are the sponsors (apart from Trek)?

Mercedes confirmed
    http://www.wort.lu/wort/web/sport/artikel/2010/09/114842/investitionen-auch-in-eine-nachwuchs-truppe.php
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    NicFrance wrote:
    TeamLux will need a big budget by the look of it............Shlecks, O'Grady, Canc, Fuglsang etc etc. Who are the sponsors (apart from Trek)?

Mercedes confirmed
    http://www.wort.lu/wort/web/sport/artikel/2010/09/114842/investitionen-auch-in-eine-nachwuchs-truppe.php

Wow... as if being in F1 didn't fk up their brand quite enough...

Strava is not Zen.