Chinny - He's off, isn't he?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2010 in Pro race
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=re ... cancellara

It's just a matter of where. I hope he goes for the big cheque at BMC.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Why BMC? zero tolerance Iain, no?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    VS? :wink:

I'd want him at Rabo myself. But I'm partisan.
  • iainf72
    You'll be pleased to know I've sort of come around on the VS side. When they won that stage on the ToB the teams reaction was great.

Chinny linked to

- Sky
    - Pegasus
    - Lux
  • rick_chasey
    Lux seems most likely, non?
  • iainf72
    Lux might seem likely, but BMC is Swiss, he trains with Cadel from time to time and they'll be paying very well indeed.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    I've sort of come around on the VS side. When they won that stage on the ToB the teams reaction was great.

Me too.
  • Lux will be a dead end. I hope he stays with Saxo, although he should know that Riis is the boss and if he can't handle that then take a walk. Riis was meant to be at the Vuelta to discuss with Fabian so maybe that didn't go too well. Reading that he is not even sure to ridfe the Worlds, despite saying he wanted the double.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Lux will be a dead end. I hope he stays with Saxo, although he should know that Riis is the boss and if he can't handle that then take a walk. Riis was meant to be at the Vuelta to discuss with Fabian so maybe that didn't go too well. Reading that he is not even sure to ridfe the Worlds, despite saying he wanted the double.

As far as the World's is concerned, he may be bluffing, so he doesn't get heavily marked and have to do all the work, like last year.

I reckon he'll end up at BMC - Swiss links, lots of money and desperate for a ProTour licence.

I trust that he, and his future team, will get as much abuse as Wiggins/Sky did for breaking his contract.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Saxo peeved that he left the Vuelta without even saying goodbye!!

“I want an explanation from Fabian and I think he owes an explanation to his teammates, as to why he left here without even saying goodbye,” he added.

McGee told the Reuters news agency that “We are extremely disappointed with Fabian's exit. It is not the way a great champion should behave. He decided to get off the bike for still unknown reasons. He hurried to the airport to catch a plane, and now he has turned off his cell phone.”
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    I have lost a bit of respect for him over this. Not professional at all. He has a job to do and throws his toys out the pram and goes walkabout.

If I did that I would likely get the sack.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • I don't think he's endearing himself to anyone this season. It's a shame because he's a great rider but seems to be getting a little big for his own boots.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • He should change sports,he's behaving like a footballer :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    I don't think he's endearing himself to anyone this season. It's a shame because he's a great rider but seems to be getting a little big for his own boots.
    Err. Flanders Roubaix anyone?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I don't think he's endearing himself to anyone this season. It's a shame because he's a great rider but seems to be getting a little big for his own boots.

What has that got to do with anything? Winning two classics in a year doesn't give you carte blanche to act however you like. He's still employed by Saxo Bank at the end of the day.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

Think he is refering to his behaviour in the Tour stage to Spa combined with this. There are two sides to every story though and i suspect Chinny will have a different tale to tell.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:

Think he is refering to his behaviour in the Tour stage to Spa combined with this. There are two sides to every story though and i suspect Chinny will have a different tale to tell.

+1

No smoke without fire.

A man doesn't act like this without genuine reasons.
    I climb faster then you.
  • iainf72
  • Velonews said he bought himself out
  • Riis is the man. Can't wait to see how he develops Contador - his tactical nous and professionalism along with Contador's natural talent and his attitude are going to work very well I think. Will be a powerhouse hopefully - can't wait.

As for Fabian, well whatever, loses some respect over the way he handled this matter but then as usual we never know the whole story. Lets see how well he does next year without Riis.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Riis is the man. Can't wait to see how he develops Contador - his tactical nous and professionalism along with Contador's natural talent and his attitude are going to work very well I think. Will be a powerhouse hopefully - can't wait.

As for Fabian, well whatever, loses some respect over the way he handled this matter but then as usual we never know the whole story. Lets see how well he does next year without Riis.

None of us know what has gone on in the relationship between FC and Riis. Maybe FC has been mistreated and promises have been broken. Maybe he's being a primadonna. We really don't know, so it's best not to judge.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Well - Fabian is my favourite cyclist - and if he somehow managed to end up at Sky - that's just about the only thing that could make me a Sky fan.
  • moray_gub
    RichN95 wrote:
    Riis is the man. Can't wait to see how he develops Contador - his tactical nous and professionalism along with Contador's natural talent and his attitude are going to work very well I think. Will be a powerhouse hopefully - can't wait.

None of us know what has gone on in the relationship between FC and Riis. Maybe FC has been mistreated and promises have been broken. Maybe he's being a primadonna. We really don't know, so it's best not to judge.

+1 for lets wait and get the full sp before passing judgement
  • moray_gub

Such is your blinkers for AC i think if he had singed for a team run by Eufemiano Fuentes you would be happy.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    didnt riis fall out with sastre when he left? given sastres rep for being a gent and the way schlecks departure reported and now this i am thinking maybe riis is the one with the issues?
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:

What has that got to do with anything? Winning two classics in a year doesn't give you carte blanche to act however you like. He's still employed by Saxo Bank at the end of the day.
    That kind of performance endears yourself to people.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Moray Gub wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

+1 for lets wait and get the full sp before passing judgement

'Tis the internet - that's not how it works!!!! :)
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Maybe Cancellara has his own reasons for not wanting to be in the same team as Contador!
  • iainf72
    micron wrote:

Couple of places saying it.
    Also looks like Phinney will be at BMC
  • FC was under contract to Saxo and should do his job. If he climbs off his bike against team orders without a proper reason, he shouldn't get paid. Seems to me his ego is out of control. Which is a huge shame, as I used to be a big fan.