13»

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Most beautiful place I've ever been was Ilsaverde, Santa Cruz, Guatemala on the side of Lake Atitlan. The view each morning was magnificent and the beers were cold.

Beers each morning? Fair play. :P

God yes. Great hotel / chalets run by a Welsh bloke and his Spanish wife. He was quite happy to leave you in the bar if it was late and trust you to note down what you had to drink and then lock the place up leaving the key under the mat.

With accommodation like that breakfast was late enough to include beer if you wanted.

Ah, run by a Welsh bloke. There we are then. 8)

I fully take on board what HH says, but I'm reading Asprilla's post, and then I'm reading HH's post and I'm thinking this place in Santa Cruz doesn't sound too bad.

Fair enough but the original conditions at the start of the thread were that it had to be somewhere you could move to and keep a job, pay the bills and live with your family & kids if you have them.... Living by the side of a lake with cold beers in the morning sounds lovely but who's gonna pay the rent eh?

If we're opening this up to "I'm a multi billionaire and could live anywhere" then I would need to give it a LOT more thought... I'd probably just by a boat and keep sailin' round the world til something stuck and then sell the boat and buy a bloody great mansion and live there...

I've conveniently forgotten about that bit in the OP. Damn.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Sell the boat?

You need to think bigger... buy a bloody great mansion everywhere you stop and keep the boat.
  • Sell the boat?

You need to think bigger... buy a bloody great mansion everywhere you stop and keep the boat.

Yes! Good thinking. That's what I'd do. If I was multi zillionaire I'd buy a bleedin' great pile in a lot of places, you know Rome, Venice, Paris, Barcelona not to mention San Fran, Melbourne. Oooh and Bali - I love Bali....I would become a citizen of the world. Why live in one place when you can live everywhere?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    North West Donegal - own a couple of hills by the seaside which I would love to make into a trail park maybe...

Near here :)

knock.jpg

:cool:
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    cjcp wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Most beautiful place I've ever been was Ilsaverde, Santa Cruz, Guatemala on the side of Lake Atitlan. The view each morning was magnificent and the beers were cold.

Beers each morning? Fair play. :P

God yes. Great hotel / chalets run by a Welsh bloke and his Spanish wife. He was quite happy to leave you in the bar if it was late and trust you to note down what you had to drink and then lock the place up leaving the key under the mat.

With accommodation like that breakfast was late enough to include beer if you wanted.

Ah, run by a Welsh bloke. There we are then. 8)

I fully take on board what HH says, but I'm reading Asprilla's post, and then I'm reading HH's post and I'm thinking this place in Santa Cruz doesn't sound too bad.

Fair enough but the original conditions at the start of the thread were that it had to be somewhere you could move to and keep a job, pay the bills and live with your family & kids if you have them.... Living by the side of a lake with cold beers in the morning sounds lovely but who's gonna pay the rent eh?

If we're opening this up to "I'm a multi billionaire and could live anywhere" then I would need to give it a LOT more thought... I'd probably just by a boat and keep sailin' round the world til something stuck and then sell the boat and buy a bloody great mansion and live there...

I've conveniently forgotten about that bit in the OP. Damn.

Was that San Pedro de Atitlan? To be fair, I could probably buy myself a mansion there with the equity from selling my house here, then live in relative luxury for the rest of my days. I would probably open a bar / Spanish language school to supplement my income / keep busy though. I can think of worse places to end up!
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    Bad Ischl, Austria.