Tour of Britain Stage 5 *Spoiler*

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    Nice to see Brad riding so aggressively shame he's left it until the end of his season. Could be a real what if as he'd have been leading but for yesterday (although I doubt HTC would have let him go then). Really hope Dan Martin gets a stage as he's spent two full stages in breaks and was also one of the first attackers on stage 3 too, another who must be wondering "what if" after missing the big break on stage 2.
  • Great photo's. I was about twenty metres or so further on from you (near the right hand corner) after the finish line. I thought the atmosphere was excellent today and the crowds were brilliant.

'Twas also good to see Twiggo giving it some today.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Cracking stage today, even though yesterday was good too. They were so up for it today!
  • DaveyL wrote:
    Not sure Tony Martin is worth much of an appearance fee. If they'd forked out to get a real megastar like Lance, the race would be much higher profile.

Yes, no one can argue that Lance hasn't raise the profile of the TDU, for instance.
    :

The organisers of the Tour of Ireland thought that last year and it didn't do them much good. That said Radioshack are a bit desperate for races at the moment and maybe we could have got Lance to pay to ride at the expense of the Irish team.