my rock lobster sram special - TURNER FLUX (update)!!!

sefton
sefton Posts: 98
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
heres my rock lobster sram special.

pretty much all 0x gear
hope m2 brakes
sid race forks
shimano mt65 tubless ready wheels
0x twisters

not sure of the weight but it seems quite light

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1082-1.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

Comments

• Very nice, but your dust-caps don't match the rest of the colour scheme... :wink:
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    REALLY nice bike mate im a huge fan of the Lobsters. Only thing i'd change is the grip shift, throw some proper X0 triggers on there to match the rest of the kit and you'd have the perfect XC machine.
  • cheers mate, the twister are xo! (great too I'd recomend them to anyone...good price aswel)!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Grip Shift, good lad! Valve/tyre logo alignment needs to be addressed though.
  • Ahhh you guys on here with all your colour coding, logo alignments :roll: :lol:
  • I prefer rim decal/tyre decal alignment
  • njee20
    Ooooo controversial
  • sefton
    you cant see when its full of mud :wink:
  • What fine taste you have chap! :wink:
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    That sir, is a damn good job. For some reason frames like that look better with a rear mudguard.
  • sefton
    That sir, is a damn good job. For some reason frames like that look better with a rear mudguard.

:oops: mudguard has since been removed
  • sefton
    What fine taste you have chap! :wink:

just noticed your sig 22lb...mines 26lb?

not quite sure why (I have heavy hope m2 brakes but apart from that its all 0x gear (even twisters which are light). the sid race forks aer light too.maybe the wheels?
  • jayson wrote:
    REALLY nice bike mate im a huge fan of the Lobsters. Only thing i'd change is the grip shift, throw some proper X0 triggers on there to match the rest of the kit and you'd have the perfect XC machine.

Have to agree with the above!

But as said, looks a great bike! :)
  • sefton wrote:
    just noticed your sig 22lb...mines 26lb?

not quite sure why (I have heavy hope m2 brakes but apart from that its all 0x gear (even twisters which are light). the sid race forks aer light too.maybe the wheels?
    Here's a link with the full spec of mine http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15466221
    There's probably a few other bits that are a little lighter if you check the spec.
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    I prefer rim decal/tyre decal alignment

Same it looks more tidy :)
  • Sram twist shift are the best, i'd never go back to triggers now.
    Fast changes, shift to anywhere on the block without multiple clicks, brilliant.
    I use mine with chopped down Oury's, it's the future.
  • sefton
    people take the piss out of twisteres (as theyre on the cheap bikes) however these are superb!!!!!!!!!!!! and would'nt even think about changing to triggers!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    sefton wrote:

:oops: mudguard has since been removed
    Nooooooo put it back put it back!
  • sefton
    just ordered some 710mm wide 40mm risers (I currently feel like theres a loads of pressure in my hands & wrist due to the current bar being a little low.

plus I'm intrested in finding out how the extra width will change things (apart from catching between trees) :lol:
  • sefton
    new 710mm riser bars & new Easton pedals!
    IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1944.jpg
    IMG_1943-1.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
  • sefton
    IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2149-1.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Cool photos, where abouts are you there?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • sefton
    belmont (just outside Bolton - not too far from rivington)
    IMG_2152-1.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
  • sefton
    some new goodies
    IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg

got some 2011 tubless ready nobby pace stars too :D
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    what a nice looking bike.i like steel something asthetically pleasing about how they look whats it ride like
  • njee20
    So you went for a 2 mile wide riser, now you're going to narrow flats with bar ends?!
  • sefton
    IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
  • I love these bikes, used to have a 1998 team 853, nicest frame I've ever ridden.

Just to let you know your bike would handle so much nicer if the rear tire was on properly, the direction of travel is the wrong way, get it sorted and you'll have loads more power when you pedal.

Thinking of getting one of these as my next bike as my Pinnacle Evolution was written off recently in an accident (bloody women in their sports cars).

Anyway, nice ride
  • sefton
    how can you tell?

I'm pretty sure I fitted them to the correct rotational direction (I'll double check tonight)
  • My mistake, you seem to have changed tires since the initial pictures.

I have the same tires you had on there initially, and they are interchnageable front and back, however, if you look at the tire wall you will notice that the rear tire has the reverse direction of travel to the front.

It's a common mistake made, even the LBS's get it wrong when they put the bikes together (naughty merlin).

Enjoy the bike.