Using Muc Off

2»

Comments

• Robowns wrote:
    So your saying you can spray muc-off all over your disks and then wash it off with just water and have your braking ability at 100%?
    yes

+1
  • Robowns wrote:
    So your saying you can spray muc-off all over your disks and then wash it off with just water and have your braking ability at 100%?
    yes

another yes here too.

Although I'm another one who converted to Fenwicks because it was cheaper, and find that it does a better job than muc-off ever did
  • Chris`I
    Chris`I Posts: 206
    Given muc off is designed for not only MTBs but also motorbikes, I would say when they say its fine for discs then it is. Certainly I have had no problem with mine coating the rotors and callipers in the stuff. Takes a while to dry out the brakes after a good wash (few good hard stops) but after that I get no squeal.
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    2010 Specialized Tricross Sport (commuter)
    2012 Boardman Road Team
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    Robowns wrote:
    yes

another yes here too.

Although I'm another one who converted to Fenwicks because it was cheaper, and find that it does a better job than muc-off ever did

Yes here also. :lol:
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    gaanrowl wrote:
    Robowns wrote:
    yes

+1

I wash the Fireblade with Muc-Off and I can assure you the brakes work 100% straight from the off.

If I thought there was the slightest chance it would affect the discs, I wouldn't use it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,402
    Neily03 wrote:
    Robowns wrote:
    yes

another yes here too.

Yes here also. :lol:

+1 (for Fenwicks) I tend to use a disk cleaner last of all after i ve lubed everything to get rid of any overspray I have nt noticed...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Fenwicks here too I find it better than Muc off but possibly personal thing.

As for brake disks then both are fine on the disks as long as washed off

As for drive train going rusty after cleaning yes it will if you dont lube it as you have just removed the protective coating of lube
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Both Fenwicks and Muc-off do bike/motorbike/caravan cleaners,it's all basically the same thing..a mild degreaser.It doesn't harm your rotors/pads nor does it "strip" your drivetrain as someone posted earlier.I use neat Fenwicks as a chain de-greaser and I've often left the chain soaking in it for 3 or 4 days with no issues.
    If it actually damaged your bike do you think they'd be selling it :?