Vuelta Stage 13 **SPOILER**

2»

Comments

• dave milne wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ha! A bunny hop. I've never been able to one of them on a road bike. Next I expect a wheelie or I'll be disappointed.

me neither but I see loads of them. there were a few at the dragon ride over cattle grids this year and a couple of my club mates seem to do them all the time over drain covers

Little bit different at 40mph :wink:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ha! A bunny hop. I've never been able to one of them on a road bike. Next I expect a wheelie or I'll be disappointed.

Didn't people call McEwen a chav when he did a wheelie?:

Nope,only you
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    That has to be about the coolest thing I've ever seen.

A wheelie on the Champs d'Elise would be good. Preferably getting just enough points to win the TdF green jersey at the same time, after having been unfairly deducted points on the previous stage for celebrating too ostentatiously. . :D

I don't understand why some people don't like cav, the guy is just brilliant, OTT and genuinely nice too, a rare combination.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    neeb wrote:
    That has to be about the coolest thing I've ever seen.

I liked it, but it's not even the best bunny hop. That honour must go to Oscar Freire in the Tour de Suisse 2006.

3km to go and there's a winning break of four. They are going down one side of a dual carridgeway, with a central reservation in the middle. Oscarito realises that if he was on the other side of the carridgeway, it would be a shorter way round the roundabout. So he does this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-araCVvDmWU and goes on to win. (Only an 8 second clip, but it shows the move).

Oscar Freire - the smartest brain in the peloton.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    I liked it, but it's not even the best bunny hop. That honour must go to Oscar Freire in the Tour de Suisse 2006.
    Yup, smart, and very cool. The difference is that Freire's bunny hop was tactical, while cav's was just pure flamboyance. To be that good, and to have enough confidence in your ability to pull an unnecessary stunt like that at that moment, is something else. Pure theater... Just imagine what a tw*t he would have looked like if it had backfired.