Circuit of Kent - Sunday 12th

2»

Comments

• I think The timekeepers have made quite a few errors. Looking at the photographs I would say that AT LEAST 6 of the fastest riders of the 130km have been put on the wrong results sheet. I could be wrong and i apologise if you are one of these riders and its a true time. Maybe this can happen if people change their minds during the event and decide to do the shorter route.

I'm inclined to believe that.

Here is my trace.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/48660235

This is the first Sportive I've done this year; did one last year which was a puncture fest and I suspect loads of people opted for the shorter route who had entered for the longer one; this lead to loads of people recording times that were 30mph averages.

I know these are not races so perhaps they shouldn't bother with timing if they are going to have difficulty seperating people who do different routes.

Why do they bother with timing?

Because for many riders they are races or at least time trials. Riders enter because they want to be timed so they can see how fast they did it and to compare themselves with other riders .
    Yeah, I see that but if you can't be sure the other riders did the same route the comparison can't be made.