Aldi next week 16th sept

2»

Comments

• Does anyone know if the Thursday sales are just the one day or do they last until all the stock is gone? Couldn't get down to my local today due to work. :(
  • h4muf
    h4muf Posts: 20
    Does anyone know if the Thursday sales are just the one day or do they last until all the stock is gone? Couldn't get down to my local today due to work. :(

Untill it's gone!
    ` 09 voodoo bantu
    08 goose otero elite
    `76 gitane ss
    `80 raleigh medale
    `78 raleigh chopper
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    I got some Bib Tights Glad I got the small the stuff is on the larger size. I wanted a merino top in all black but they only had a large :x
    The Tights are going to need wearing in and washing few times though, but for the price there brilliant for the commute.
    Will see how they last in the long run here though.
  • h4muf wrote:
    Untill it's gone!
    So if I go tomorrow and they still have some bits they'll be the same price?
  • forcutty
    h4muf wrote:
    Untill it's gone!
    So if I go tomorrow and they still have some bits they'll be the same price?
    Yes, but the best stuff/ most popular sizes may be gone.
  • It's worth a go, I can grab some cheap food at the same time :D
  • forcutty
    There specially selected pizzas Nom Nom Nom are definitely worth a try IMO. Oh there cider isn't too bad either :wink:
  • I was thinking more along the lines of bulk chicken breasts and beef jerky (if I can find any) :P
  • forcutty
    Whole Chickens are £3 I think :!:
    Not seen beef jerky in some time though :cry:
  • Got some socks.... Loads of stuff left in my local store, maybe regretting not getting some of the winter gloves that everyone appears to rate so highly! Might pop back in this afternoon.....
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    forcutty wrote:

Mmmmmmmmmm beef jerky. Love that stuff.
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • mac_man
    forcutty wrote:

Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Good as an in-ride snack. I got about 300 packs from approved food a while ago, they went really quick though!
  • mac_man
    hoochylala wrote:
    Got some socks.... Loads of stuff left in my local store, maybe regretting not getting some of the winter gloves that everyone appears to rate so highly! Might pop back in this afternoon.....

Ditto... I got a load of stuff for the Mrs... winter top, pants. shorts, merino shirt, long sleeved top. Only the long sleeve top and merino have survived scrutiny.

Winter top... too white (will get muddy)
    Long pants... toooooo long
    Shorts... nope.
    Long sleeved top.... stolen by daughter :roll:

So have to schlep back to exchange. Might as well get more stuff for me :P

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    mac man wrote:
    As tasty as eating a leather belt.
  • Someone at work said the car-booters were filling trollies! Dont hold up much hope as the nearest Aldi to me is about 18 miles away and not got a chance to get down there.
    1999 Scott Vail - Work commute
    2015 Giant Anthem 27.5 SX - Weekend riding

East Hants MTB on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/288056017965343/
  • mac man wrote:
    Winter top... too white (will get muddy)

I did query their choice of making the winter cycling top have a white front to be honest!
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    the lycra jong johns are made for giants however i am sure I will be glad of em come December
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Ok, Aldi was great! Just bought the 'thermal underwear' l/s top, it is base layer type material, size L is normal size for me, but this size L is a tight fit but sleeves ok. Also got the skull cap & overshoes, very nice. Also got the red and white l/s zip up jersey and its one of the nicest looking jerseys ive owned, great quality and not a 'race fit' thankfully! The waterproof/windproof/breathable jacket is on a par with an Altura jacket and looks great in black. It has sealed zips and a rear pocket along with adjustable sleeves. Size L is perfect for my 5ft 11 13 stone frame. plenty of room round the middle.
    Im now an Aldi convert! Ive also researched the manufacturer (Crane Sports) and it's a huge european manufacturer. Merino socks £2.99? Thanks!

Look forward to the summer stuff.

*p.s, tried the MTB shorts with cool max liner, good quality and good padding, the winter cycling trousers (with padded insert) are also good quality and not too tight fitting. Finally the gloves are good quality.
    *Ive taken the above back as ive just spent £170 t Merlin on a camelbak, helmet and Altura 3/4's so the good lady is putting the brakes on spending.

Get to Aldi now folks!
    Orange Crush 2010. Better than the 2011. And 2009.
  • Farno
    Farno Posts: 10
    Went to the Oxford Aldi on Friday, there was still loads left! Bought the MTB shorts which are pretty good, especially with the padded liner. Also bought a few other bits, lights, socks, gloves and pump (which has a built in pressure gague so not bad).

Can't really complain about anything for the price though, gotta give it all a good test in the future, but if I would have bought it all at 'normal' prices it would have been well over £100.
  • I bought the 3/4 length shorts in XL to fit my 36 inch waist.

Quite disappointed, there's only 2 pockets on the legs which have velcro in one corner so expect everything will fall out. The liner is the thinnest cheapest one I've ever seen.

Didn't bother with shoes as the ones I looked at had plastic cleat mounts which would probably snap really easily. The winter jackets looked good in red or black, but alas none in my size.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Decent looking work stand for £30 in Lidl on 27th, just a heads up.
  • h4muf
    h4muf Posts: 20
    underdog wrote:
    Decent looking work stand for £30 in Lidl on 27th, just a heads up.

Linky please? :)
    ` 09 voodoo bantu
    08 goose otero elite
    `76 gitane ss
    `80 raleigh medale
    `78 raleigh chopper
  • I got a few bits, had to fight for them though - it seemed that everybody had sent their grandparents down to grab the kit for them! All I could hear was he wanted this and this etc. :lol: