Some C**k has deliberately spread Tacks........

2»

Comments

• Apparently they do know who it is & the RSPCA/RSPCB might get involved.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    win!
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    t0pc4t wrote:
    you have to prove the action, which you probably could easily, and also the intention, which would be harder as I suspect it would have to be directed at a specific person

Don't think so - I expect if you planted a bomb somewhere, it wouldn't have to be directed at a specific person.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    t0pc4t wrote:
    I've heard of that but never actually witnessed it first hand

I've not witnessed it myself but it does worry me when I go to the local jump sites
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    cooldad wrote:
    t0pc4t wrote:
    you have to prove the action, which you probably could easily, and also the intention, which would be harder as I suspect it would have to be directed at a specific person

Don't think so - I expect if you planted a bomb somewhere, it wouldn't have to be directed at a specific person.

Hard to prove that the intention of placing a log was to injure someone though.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    chedabob wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    t0pc4t wrote:

Nope a reasonable person could foresee that placing an obstacle could cause injury - you would have a civil case. Stick a chunk of concrete on the motorway and see.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    You think this is disturbing - I came across an almost naked bloke with his knob in his hand on a woodland trail not too far away recently whilst out for a ride. I'd far rather have dodged logs or tacks :shock:

There's some excellent singletrack and descents through these woods - including one published route through them in 'Beyond Hamsterley'.
    I had noticed blokes hanging around when I'd ridden through them before. It would appear that it's a place where gay blokes meet - my speed has certainly quickened through those trails more recently.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    cooldad wrote:
    chedabob wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    t0pc4t wrote:

Nope a reasonable person could foresee that placing an obstacle could cause injury - you would have a civil case. Stick a chunk of concrete on the motorway and see.

Reasonable people would accept that unmarked trails on public land have no right of way.

Unfortunately our justice system is one where you can do excessive speed on a residential road and get away with it because the radar gun hadn't been calibrated that morning.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    chedabob wrote:
    Cyclists are allowed on towpaths so this guy is an ars*.
    There's no automatic right to cycle on a towpath, and they're not bridleways either.

Some towpaths allow cycling, and some even are dedicated as cycle routes. Others actually require you to get a permit (free usually or a couple of quid for a year), but just about no one does or even knows about it.

Many towpaths actually run through private land and are not a right of way, even for walkers. It's down to the land owner to allow you through.

Some, like the Wey Navigation round my way don't give cyclists a right of way but it's tolerated (the Nat Trust in the case of the Wey permit it, but priority is to walkers and it's stressed it's not a right of way). That's how footpaths work. You are actually not forbidden to ride on a footpath, but it's not a right of way. If the land owner is not bothered then you are free to do so.

In general the only people who really object are miserable gits, but that said there are a lot of cyclists who do give the rest of us a bad name and are inconsiderate.