Aldi Merino Shirts - is 30% Merino worth anything really?

2»

Comments

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    You got a link for that, FB?

'cos I can only find the SS T-shirt at that price.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I've worn the Aldi 30% merino top for a few days now and I like it
    I agree it is slightly itchy though
  • ketsbaia wrote:

Admittedly that was based on "market research" (i.e. a google) undertaken last week... It may now not be on at that price.
    The Stable '04 Trek 1000 | '09 Giant Bowery '72 | '10 Ridgeback Panorma | '10 Cannondale CAAD9 105 Compact
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I havent tried the Aldi one but have several Shutt merino tops (that arent 100% merino) and a 100% merino baselayer - they are all soft and I've never had an itch issue, and am completely unable to wear typical casual wool clothing next my skin normally.

If you havent tried riding in a quality merino jersey you are missing out, although I agree its not the cheapest option...
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia wrote:

Admittedly that was based on "market research" (i.e. a google) undertaken last week... It may now not be on at that price.

Damn. I'd have had one of those.
  • ketsbaia wrote:

Google Shopping finds it at Blacks for that price, but when you click through the link, it's actually £49.99. Not impressed with Google or Blacks on that. Likewise, Google says Cotswold Outdoor has them for £29, and they're actually £50. Something a bit fishy, and I'm definitely not buying one of these.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia wrote:

Google Shopping finds it at Blacks for that price, but when you click through the link, it's actually £49.99. Not impressed with Google or Blacks on that. Likewise, Google says Cotswold Outdoor has them for £29, and they're actually £50. Something a bit fishy, and I'm definitely not buying one of these.

The Blacks one is priced dependent on size and colour.

So if you're Small or Extra Large and like brown, you can get one for £25.

Cotswold Outdoor, on the other hand, aren't selling them for £29 at all. Google Shopping FAIL.

Cheapest I could find from that list was the Snow & Rock one at £37.95.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    ketsbaia wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:

The Blacks one is priced dependent on size and colour.

So if you're Small or Extra Large and like brown, you can get one for £25.

Cotswold Outdoor, on the other hand, aren't selling them for £29 at all. Google Shopping FAIL.

Cheapest I could find from that list was the Snow & Rock one at £37.95.

Which makes the Rapha deal the bargain.
    Rapha and bargain in the same sentence? :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • I have worn my new Aldi jersey a couple of days now and really rate it.

I also like the socks, lots.