Whats the strangest thing you've found while out cycling

gazzap
gazzap Posts: 6
edited January 2015 in Commuting chat
Two weeka ago, on my commute to work, I found a Flip HD video recorder lying in the road. Last week I found a 4GB memory stick, nowhere near the first find.

My work cycling collegue yesterday saw a swimming pull buoy, which is not exactly a small thing.

So, what's the strangest thing you've seen or found?

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    A sun bathing Grass Snake and a dead Mink.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Two things.
    1: A love of exerting myself almost to the point of exhaustion.
    2: I make skin tight lycra look good.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I found a fridge freezer once, in the entrance to a field,couldn't get my bungees to hold it onto the rack though :wink:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • i found that tarmac was very hard....
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    Two dogs fecking in a country lane in Ireland. Had my cousin and I doubled over with laughter.
  • Two massive black guys asleep on each other, both leaning out of the drivers side door of an old Merc in the middle of the ghetto at 6 in the morning. Wanted to take a photo, but thought they would probably damage me severely if they woke up.
  • Oh yeah and when cycling through some woods just outside Cardiff, I saw a middle-aged couple indulging in what I will euphamistically describe as a bit of home movie making for the personal collection. :shock:
  • A five pound note in the gutter - strange and useful....and once a GPS thingy - in hyde Park - worth £85. You can buy it on ebay now for £25 if you're interested.
  • 654321 wrote:
    A five pound note in the gutter - strange and useful....

I found a fiver commuting home last night as well, stopped at some traffic lights and there it was in the gutter.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I found a white powder and bag containing said powder on my cousin's car bonnet - turns out it was cocaine!!
    Was staying "up north" with them and went out for a bit of a bimble around greater Manchester.....noticed it just as I got on my bike - realised it was not flour and called the rozzas.....
  • 654321 wrote:
    A five pound note in the gutter - strange and useful....

I found a fiver commuting home last night as well, stopped at some traffic lights and there it was in the gutter.

You'd never have spotted that if you RLJ'd.
  • I've mentioned this before and don't expect anyone to believe me now, either, but I once saw a Golden Eagle standing at a bus stop on my commute. There wasn't even a bus due for ages.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I've mentioned this before and don't expect anyone to believe me now, either, but I once saw a Golden Eagle standing at a bus stop on my commute. There wasn't even a bus due for ages.

Hahah! Brilliant - used to be buzzards perched on the top of the fence around the old Hitachi factory loading bay in Hirwaun years ago waiting for rats to scurry out - at least that's what people said (I reckon they were knocking off tellys).

Strangest thing I've ever seen was a speedboat rammed through a hedge half way up the Rhigos mountain.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I saw a woman in flip flops step on a dead rat yesterday morning. If you were commuting in London you probably heard the shriek!
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    A dead shark in a large polythene bag, in Leicestershire. Lost? Maybe a suicide bid on the shark's part?
  • Technically I was walking the dog (but it is somewhere I would regularly cycle) - a body. :(
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • On the Rat theme, a rat running along Balham High St, must have been late for a meeting
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • A blue g-string on Cannock Chase (Shoal Hill Common by the "lake.")

Strangely, the wife was not impressed when I brought it back for her. :?
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    llantrisant woods aka smilog
    a woman in a bikini sprayed gold all over(there may have been some white bits)being photographed by two guys in three piece suits.
    tyn y coed woods four young girls filming a home video death scene with joking blood and the works.
    miskin a man and woman making love by the side of a river.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    sandy hill wrote:
    Technically I was walking the dog (but it is somewhere I would regularly cycle) - a body. :(

It doesn't count as finding if you put it there in the first place.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Coming out of Bracknell; a pair of PlayBoy Bunny girl ears in the ditch!!!!
    Would get down on the drops more if the gut wasn't in the way!
  • I was once out riding in Swinley forest and discovered a very well hidden campsite. One tent and a few bits and pieces, considering Swinleys close proximity to Broadmoor I had to fulfill my civic duty and inform the authorities (the two old dears who work at the discovery centre). All a bit creepy to be honest.
    I wish I was Kenny "F@#king" Powers
  • Well I did post on here about a ghost I saw. Made a great story until some boring sod on here pointed out it was a Will O' the Wisp :roll: :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Just remembered many moons ago me and a mate where cycling in Epping Forest and stopped for a bite to eat in a car park.

Two cars pulled up, a man in one, a woman in the other. They walked into the woods together and I forgot all about them.

A few minutes later, we were on our bikes again and saw him standing with his trousers round his ankles and her kneeling infront of him.

Cheeky git waved a cheery hello at us. She was a bit busy and had her hands (and mouth) full.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    A car driver with his trousers undone and, er, pleasuring himself, at a set of traffic lights.
  • rml380z wrote:
    A car driver with his trousers undone and, er, pleasuring himself, at a set of traffic lights.

What a w*nker.
  • Last week I found a McDonalds coffee card with 5 stickers on it! Winrar!
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    Some might say ngale. I met her while cycling :lol:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • Myself.
  • An adder. On Nat'l Cycle Route 1, a few miles outside Rochester.