Computer with Suspension Fork?

2»

Comments

• another vote for wired. even if it doesnt look as good its about a million times more reliable and the battery lasts longer as its not projecting any signal. plus we found that they get crazy reading in the shop i work in, so that they would either read backwards, or not at all unless we took them outside the store.
    so id reccomend a wired one :)
    Citing replacing batteries that cost a few pounds as a reason not to fit a wireless computer to a £1000 bike seems a little tight IMHO :wink: . Not had any issues with my Cateye wireless model, but I don't frequently cycle inside my microwave oven so others' results may vary... :lol:

I say get wireless, much cleaner and simpler to install, then if you're one of the one in a thousand who have issues dump it and get a wired model... 8)
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Interference and having to change the battery are what put me off. Oh, and because I paid £4 for my Aldi wired one and it's really good :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    . Not had any issues with my Cateye wireless model, but I don't frequently cycle inside my microwave oven so others' results may vary... :lol:

Snap!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,681
    No problems with my wired one either - but mine is a combined HRM too so I have to have wireless somewhere anyhoo

The only annoying thing is that ot won't store 2 bikes so I have to resync it with whatever bike I choose that ay (Roadie or MTB)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    +1 on wired
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?