CRC losing the plot?

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    .blitz wrote:
    Can only add that CRC are 'on fire' this week. I placed an order with them at 9:13 yesterday and at 11:10 it had been despatched. Orsum.
    Not for me. Through all the "troubles" recently, they've been ok for me, oddly enough.
    But not I've been waiting two days for a dispatched BB to arrive.
  • jadamson wrote:
    Vertical list, yes. Not there anymore. :roll:

its still there for me? :? on the far left, bikes, brakes, clothing etc in a long list.
    :roll:
    Right. What happens when you click on something in that list?

Sort by A-Z.
  • Anonymous
    Sort by A-Z.
    Still a grid, no list.
  • Sort by A-Z.
    Still a grid, no list.

Ahh.. I don't mind that. These not that much difference... jsut things are in 3's!
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    .blitz wrote:
    Can only add that CRC are 'on fire' this week. I placed an order with them at 9:13 yesterday and at 11:10 it had been despatched. Orsum.
    Not for me. Through all the "troubles" recently, they've been ok for me, oddly enough.

That's not CRCs fault though - if they've despatched it, it's now subject to the mysterious forces of delivery, in the hands of the Royal Mail (or whichever delivery service CRC uses...)
  • Anonymous
    Well, that's the ting, no proper email, no tracking number etc etc
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I'm sure it was just database housekeeping, I had the item in question at the time (an RRP neoguard). It was originally out of stock but the order never completed in my account history when they dispatched it.

Just amused me.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • I think I have just learnt something. Re CRC website. Are people saying they go to a website with (50%+) no idea of what they want and then search through a list? I thought internet shoppers knew what they wanted and just typed it into google or directly on favoured site.
    Not a huge user of CRC but I can't see the problem so seriously interested (re possible own site re something else in future) in what the issue is.

I actually used the site last night, I wasn't sure which gloves I wanted but had come across 661 gloves. I typed glove into search and scrolled through pics and saw 661 comp 2010 and happy with them. IF I had of wanted Sealskinz gloves I would have typed gloves then hit Sealskinz from the brand option on the left of screen. Would have seen they don't do Sealskinz Technical gloves and so on.
  • It was a list with pictures and more useful information displayed (a little summary?). So yes, that's what I want. As well as all in one page, no "next" buttons. And a search for when I know exactly what I want.

I found the CRC update annoying as well, e.g. Having to click into every item to find which stems are not oversized cos the summaries have disappeared and I don't trust searches for that kind of thing.
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • Tbh it's not as user unfriendly as PBK though - I've hardly ordered from them sine they updated their site - no filtering or sorting at all!!! WTF?!!!
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, I ordered something described as:
    Genuine Shimano HollowTech II bottom bracket assembly
    • Set includes left and right hand cups, spacers, inner cover, and inner O-rings
    • Light weight seal structure helps to remove vital grams
    • Sealed cups keep out dirt and water
    • Maintenance free
    Compatible with 68 mm and 73 mm shell
    • Durable black anodised finish
    • Easy installation
    Except it's not, it's for an 83mm BB :roll:
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 754
    Wierdness on the dates but i have to say I've made a couple of orders recently from crc and they have arrived scary fast! Tredz on the other hand took 2 weeks to send me a bike cleaning kit and four knog lights!
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Hmm, I ordered something described as:
    Genuine Shimano HollowTech II bottom bracket assembly
    • Set includes left and right hand cups, spacers, inner cover, and inner O-rings
    • Light weight seal structure helps to remove vital grams
    • Sealed cups keep out dirt and water
    • Maintenance free
    Compatible with 68 mm and 73 mm shell
    • Durable black anodised finish
    • Easy installation
    Except it's not, it's for an 83mm BB :roll:

I've had that before to, they just cut and paste the manufacturers description in, most of the time it's fine, sometimes it's far too generic or even completely wrong.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Ordered at 1446 and the part is on its way with royal mail and will be with me tomorrow :D
  • .blitz wrote:

that's the post though isn't it? not CRC.