CRC losing the plot?

stumpyjon
stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Not your usual CRC knocking thread but I've just received an email confirmation my order has been completed. Great, can't remember placing an order recently though. Check my order history and apparently they've just completed an order I placed on the 2nd January 2008. It gets better, the shipping date on the order is 01/01/1753 :shock:
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result

Comments

• They've become dirt jumpers and discovered coke
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Not your usual CRC knocking thread but I've just received an email confirmation my order has been completed. Great, can't remember placing an order recently though. Check my order history and apparently they've just completed an order I placed on the 2nd January 2008. It gets better, the shipping date on the order is 01/01/1753 :shock:

What the hell :lol::lol:
  • A birthday present from a distant, now dead, relative that knew you where going to be into biking?

what was the product?
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Perhaps the emails are coming through a wormhole and they really have just been sent. See if you can send yourself an email with the numbers for the last euromillions rollover. Make sure you dont kill your great grandmother though all those quantum time paradoxes are a swine to clear up.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • It could be that you never received a confirmation email for the original purchase, and it's been showing as "pending" on their system ever since and they are now flushing the old orders out of the system.
  • It could be that you never received a confirmation email for the original purchase, and it's been showing as "pending" on their system ever since and they are now flushing the old orders out of the system.

doesnt explain the 1753 :lol:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    :lol:

WTF!!!! how random

on the subject of CRC what do peeps think of the new layout??? is just just me is it aload of crap???
  • Hate the new layout but at least they are sending things quickly again.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    They've become dirt jumpers and discovered coke
    What the hell?

Anyway, I can't stand the new layout, it's a complete ball-ache. Since the layout simplicity was one of the biggest reasons I used them, i might look elsewhere from now on.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    north-sure wrote:
    Hate the new layout but at least they are sending things quickly again.
    +1
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    it keeps crashing for me too :roll:
  • The layouts especially bad on a wide screen, takes ages to scroll through everything.
  • My mate was late for a wedding rehearsal tonight because he had two confirmation emails from crc and he hadnt placed an order!. When he checked his wishlist the two items he had on there were gone ( one was a bike at over two grand). He almost S**t himself. The (un) lucky groom also had a confirmation email today for stuff he bought at least a year ago in the flood damage sale.....and he had actually bought the goods over the counter in the shop! lol
  • Can't stand the new layout either. Its confusing and difficult to find what you're looking for if you ask me. Maybe I'm getting old......
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Can't stand the new layout either. Its confusing and difficult to find what you're looking for if you ask me. Maybe I'm getting old......

I must be getting old as well then just spent 10 minutes looking for some tyres before I gave up and went to nextdaytyres.com and found and ordered what I wanted in less than 2 minutes. Traders should make it possible to find what you want in about 30 seconds.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Whats actually changed? i cant see much difference... :?
  • Was the order for a Orange 5 frame from back in 1753. Carbon dating would prove it probably existed in the same form back then :D
  • Anonymous
    jadamson wrote:
    Whats actually changed? i cant see much difference... :?
    you're kidding, right?
    Previously, there was a long vertical list of items, grouped by manufacturers. Now, there's just a screen full of pictures, making it much harder to scan through things.
  • jadamson wrote:
    you're kidding, right?
    Previously, there was a long vertical list of items, grouped by manufacturers. Now, there's just a screen full of pictures, making it much harder to scan through things.

Oh right... Ive always just used the vertical list of components :roll:
  • jadamson wrote:
    you're kidding, right?

I'm not sure why they have done that but the sort option is still there if you want to view by manafacturer or price etc. So it is pretty much the same. What annoys me about it is that previously you didn't have to click on an item to see if it's instock, it was just written in yellow or sumin underneath.

Seems like they have fixed something that wasn't broken :?
  • Anonymous
    Vertical list, yes. Not there anymore. :roll:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    I know - new layout is better for "browsing" but if you know want you want it makes it a proper PITA to find!! I suppose they re hoping you llk notice a few other shiny things while you re looking....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Vertical list, yes. Not there anymore. :roll:

its still there for me? :? on the far left, bikes, brakes, clothing etc in a long list.
  • Anonymous
    jadamson wrote:
    Vertical list, yes. Not there anymore. :roll:

its still there for me? :? on the far left, bikes, brakes, clothing etc in a long list.
    :roll:
    Right. What happens when you click on something in that list?
  • oh right, Me just being stupid? :roll: :? loads of pictures rather than the top product top banner and brands etc, i get you. Although there is still a filter by brand button.
  • Anonymous
    Still not as easy to look through a massive grid of things though.
    I am better than all humans in almost every way, but even I can only scan down, or across a list at once. A grid just isn't user friendly.
  • jadamson wrote:
    It could be that you never received a confirmation email for the original purchase, and it's been showing as "pending" on their system ever since and they are now flushing the old orders out of the system.

Yes it does. If something is marked as pending dispatch on their system, and in order to clear it from the system, they have to send the dispatch note, they'd just put a random date on for dispatch.
    They wouldn't want to put todays date on it, because then you WOULD have people thinking stuff had been sent out, but if they put 1753 on there, you can pretty much figure out that it's either CRC doing housekeeping on the system, or a processing error.

That is of course, assuming they run systems similar to the ones I do.

As for the site, I'm getting used to the new layout, but I still preferred the old one.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Can only add that CRC are 'on fire' this week. I placed an order with them at 9:13 yesterday and at 11:10 it had been despatched. Orsum.
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    stumpyjon wrote:

I had this happen earlier this year.

Got an 'order completed' e-mail, which was ridiculous cos I was in Brazil for 4 weeks :-) ...

Thought it was some kind of credit card fraud, until I read the e-mail: it referred to an order from 2007 or 2008, completed on an impossible date :?

Very weird ...
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    jadamson wrote:
    It could be that you never received a confirmation email for the original purchase, and it's been showing as "pending" on their system ever since and they are now flushing the old orders out of the system.

Yes it does. If something is marked as pending dispatch on their system, and in order to clear it from the system, they have to send the dispatch note, they'd just put a random date on for dispatch.
    They wouldn't want to put todays date on it, because then you WOULD have people thinking stuff had been sent out, but if they put 1753 on there, you can pretty much figure out that it's either CRC doing housekeeping on the system, or a processing error.

That is of course, assuming they run systems similar to the ones I do.

As for the site, I'm getting used to the new layout, but I still preferred the old one.

Can I suggest that the reason for 01/01/1753 is simply that.....they use MS Sql Server as their database....for which the minimum DateTime allowed is......yip...you guessed it...01/01/1753.

I would guess at a non-null datetime column, which a sproc is trying to insert a null value into....defaulting back to the first available date?

<dbamode=off/>
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.