Report to police or not?

2»

Comments

• zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Raphe wrote:
    But no you’re right tomb353 and Zanelad, this guy is obviously a highly experienced cyclist who clearly knows what he’s about. Next time I see someone endangering kids’ lives I’ll put it down to them being introduced to risk and let evolution take its course.

No, I expect that you'll post about it on an internet forum rather than approach the person in question. There'll be a woman along shortly to do that for you.
  • tomb353
    tomb353 Posts: 196
    gotta say the Gary Glitter comment above is in pretty poor taste.
    vendor of bicycle baskets & other stuff www.tynebicycle.co.uk
    www.tynebicycle.co.uk/blog
    Kinesis Tripster
    Gazelle NY Cab
    Surly Steamroller
    Cannondale F100
  • Raphe
    Raphe Posts: 48
    No, I expect that you'll post about it on an internet forum rather than approach the person in question. There'll be a woman along shortly to do that for you.

There are a couple of reasons I did not approach the person...

1. I was unsure whether it was an issue; I don’t commute by bike so asked for opinions from people whom I thought may have more experience with these things.

2. I do commute by car (60mile roundtrip). I could have stopped to have a word but that would have meant blocking a narrow road or shouting at him from my window.

I’m perfectly capable of approaching any person with any issue, trust me.
  • tomb353 wrote:
    gotta say the Gary Glitter comment above is in pretty poor taste.
    why? I've used it as a recognisable high profile example of what can happen if people turn the other cheek.

had the daft/sad/mad/misunderstood/bereaved and not handling it woman leaving her dogs to die and kids to god knows what miseries to play a compute game 22 hrs a day story broken 24 hours sooner I'd have probably used that as an example of why sometimes showing a bit of concern for another human being isn't as bad as you make out.