Tug of love, Soul vs Mmmbop

2»

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Lovin' the graphics 8)

Bet you missed the comfort of the Soul though, although by the sounds of it you didn't do anything too rocky
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The climb back up the black was a bit rattly :lol: I'd like to fire it through some big rock gardens, rocky road at kirroughtree or something would be ideal, but then you stand up for that sort of thing anyway. But I bet over a long day it beats me up more, on the other hand the power feels just that wee bit more direct, stamp on the pedals and it goes, no sense of gathering itself up.

It's a cool frame 8)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    You'll be jealous of me on my 'comfortable' bike when we do some rocky stuff I bet, part of thats probably to do with the big fat DH tyre though, you really should try something big like a 2.5, its a revelation :wink:
  • Northwind
    Hemlock has a 2.5 on it just now. But I didn't even like pedalling it up the driveway never mind up the black :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    MTFU

I'm going to be running two 2.5 dual plys, one a ST, on my 456 when I get a new front tyre, can pedal it fine, just gets you fitter quicker
  • Northwind
    I think I'll choose to get fitter slower thanks very much :lol: Did I mention I did a tour de france road climb on the hemlock? 24km non-stop climb, not so much as a freewheel all the way up. Then 22km back down to the hotel offroad. Bad enough with a 2.35 on the front and a 2.1 on the back thanks.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    You run stupidly low pressures though, that makes more of a difference on the road :wink:
  • Northwind
    Can't see any reason to add huge fat heavy tyres then run more pressure though? I run the 2.5 at 20psi too, sticks like baby poo
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    Wasn't saing you stick more pressure in, was saying thats why you Tour De France climb was so horrible. But 20 psi :shock: surely the tyre squirms on the rim a lot

One thing I wanna ask though, why use the 'budget' decals :wink:
  • Northwind
    Nah, it's a big stiff DH carcass on a fat tyre so it keeps itself in line. I usually run 20-25. Or at least that's what my pump says, I guess it could actually be just about anything :lol:

The decals are because I wasn't sure if I'm keeping it, and if I do keep it it's getting resprayed anyway, so I'm saving them. As it turns out I guess I'm looking to sell or swap it for a medium as it's just a hair too small.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    And your sure you wouldn't consider a swap for an 18" blue 456 frame with an FSA Orbit headset fitted

Assuming I fitted the Mmmbop of course :wink:
  • Northwind
    Nah :lol: It'd be too small for you too probably, even a 400mm post's just slightly too short for me so unless you've got wee stumpy legs you'd be the same I reckon. Medium's only a half inch longer in the effective TT anyway so it ought to be OK.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    33/34" inside leg, probably too small isn't it :cry::cry:
  • Northwind
    Yeah, I reckon. Brant says otherwise mind but then he said that about my small Scandal as well, guess I should have remembered that :roll:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    Brant comes up with some pretty 'funny' stuff sometimes.

Can't remember who told me but someone asked genuinly if there was much difference between a blue pig and 456 since they do look pretty similar on paper.

Then Brant came along and said some rude stuff and that the only thing they had on common was they both had two wheels.

Real good atitude, don't you think :roll: :lol:
  • Northwind
    I made him angry by saying that the Blue Pig's main competitors was the 456 SS. Which I still reckon's true. But he does make exceedingly good frames ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    He just doesn't know who should or how to use them :lol::lol::lol: