well... TT season is no doubt over for alot of us now...

Matt the Tester
Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
edited October 2010 in Amateur race
had my final TT race Thursday just gone and to say the least... it's going to be strange not doing a hard and fast ride every thursday! for a few months now.

Set a brilliant new PB! 25:53 overtook two guys!

did you guys end on a High and beat your PB? what are you aiming to get next Season :)? how are you going to achieve this goal?

Going to aim for 23M for a 10Mile TT next season.

Turbo Training and good long club runs! is on the agenda for me! and nearing the start of the season i shall be working on my speed and stamina more so!

what about you guys?
Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
north west of england.

Comments

• a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Aim was to get under the hour for a 25, did a 57.21.
    Wanted a 23 on our club 10 course, 24.20 so room for improvement there.
    Quickest 10 was 23.26 so looking for a 22 on that course next season.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • some very good times there Ant! best of luck to you!
    north west of england.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I only started about 4 weeks ago :lol: , so its been a short season for me, I've got 2 more opens before it finishes for me.

My first 10 was 28:16, next 10 was 26:40, and then I did a club 5 which I did in 12:29, all on my road bike.

I am hoping I can go sub 26 in the last two opens.

I am seriously close to pulling the trigger on either a Felt B16, or a Blue Triad.........
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Had a great season, with a couple of events left, a 25 and a 50 (25 might be binned if my legs haven't recovered fully from my 12 hour TT yesterday).

Next season I will aim to improve further, it will be my third year, and peak for specific TT's with the help of my coach.

Would like a sub 20min 10m, and a sub 50min 25, as well as improvements in my 50m, 100m and 12 hour TT's. Whether these are achievable who knows, but you have to set hard targets.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Knocked 11 minutes of my 25 time and have done 2 pbs over 10 miles (last one on a wet and windy day) so looking to go sub 22:30 on my last race of the season if the weather is right.

Next year; go as fast as I can, a sub 22:00 would be nice!
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Manged a third PB of the season last week of 25'29" for a 10TT so timed it just about right for the end of the season, the aim was to go sub 26mins. Hope to take the 29 seconds off and go sub 25 at the start of next so I can then justify buying a TT bike. My long term plan is a sub hour 25 so need to get into the low 24's for a ten.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I've also just started. Did 28:23 for a 10.4 around Richmond Park, followed with 26:49 for 11 laps of the Hillingdon circuit (which also turns out to be 10.4). So first target for next season is to do a proper 10 on a relatively flat/straight course, so I can see how well I'm actually doing!

This has all been on my commuting bike; have just bought a second-hand TT bike, so another target has to be to figure out how to ride it properly.

Long term goal is to do a 25 in less than an hour; I guess that means I should actually try a 25, to see how much work there is to do.

Oh yes. Having been denied permission to enter opens because I'm not a member of any club, I guess I need to join a club too!
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i broke PBs in the final 2 events, but it was expected because its been my first season racing and i've had a full race season under my belt since my last efforts. no flat fast 10 though, which i fancied doing once purely to see what time i could do.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Did my first 3 dual carriageway TTs. First one was on the A1 in a gale and did over an hour, second one was a 57 in an evening event which I was quite pleased with, last one was just a poor ride in average conditions.

Did one hilly TT which was a disaster.

Did a full season of the club evening TTs, target was a sub 31 on our 12.5 mile course (hilly side of rolling) and a top 3 overall. Managed a 30.30 something and won the overall - always a bit dependent on who turns up to enough events but still pleased with that anyway.

Thinking of sticking more to road racing and maybe a continental sportive next year.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • a_n_t
    some very good times there Ant! best of luck to you!

Can't grumble. At least next season I wont have a new born baby to contend with too! Riding 25's on 4 hours sleep isn't much fun :cry:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • First year of riding and only did 3 club 10's. in May I had a 31:00, June I had a 30:45 and September I had a 29:16, so I've been improving quite a bit, our course is by the sea so its always bloody windy and has about 350ft of climbing.
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    Quite a decent season in terms of times, got my 10 down to 22:05 and 25 down to 56:40, but they were both just right-course+right-conditions so I'm not too smug about them.

Did my first ever 50 in 2:03:42 on a non-DC course which I was pleased with. I hopefully have another attempt at improving that before the end of the season.

Physiologically I haven't improved noticiably. I'm a little more consistent at 10s, but the target 300W 25 seems further off than it was last season. Got to come up with some bright training ideas for the off-season :idea:
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • I haven't done enough TTs this year as it's been a busy one. I did manage to do a 22:55 10 and an hour for a 25.

My aim next year is to beat those by a good whack. I am trying to keep up with a training buddy who rode a 21:45 10 last saturday. I rode my 22:55 a few months ago so may have improved. Going to get out and test it this week hopefully.

Anyone heard of Pete Read's Blue Book? I've been told to acquire it for training purposes but can't find it online anywhere to buy.
    Specialized Epic
    Specialized Enduro
    Specialzied Transition
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    A season of high points & low point this year. High points are beating standard timefor the first time for both 10 & 25 and completing the LMTT sadly all tempered with a low point I've just done my first TT after the latter which is likely to be my last of the season.
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • 24:17 -> 22:46 for a 10 and on comparable course so a real improvement. Target was sub 24 minutes, did another two 23:30s

59:59 -> 56:56 for a 25 on same course.

Club 10 course lifetime PB by 40 odd seconds. Not a bad season I spose...
  • Just completed my first ever TT last night. A friend had persuaded me to go along to his club event and at least set a time and see if I liked it. I finished with a time of 24.23, wasn't passed and didn't come last so I'm really pleased with that! Anything under 26 mins and I'd have been happy anyway!

Now I've a target to aim for for next year so I'll see how it goes over the winter and maybe try and break 23 mins.
  • doogee wrote:
    Just completed my first ever TT last night. A friend had persuaded me to go along to his club event and at least set a time and see if I liked it. I finished with a time of 24.23, wasn't passed and didn't come last so I'm really pleased with that! Anything under 26 mins and I'd have been happy anyway!

Now I've a target to aim for for next year so I'll see how it goes over the winter and maybe try and break 23 mins.
    thats fantastic going that mate! it's usually anything under 30 minutes for your first TT and your happy :P

good luck everyone for the following year, hope you have a enjoyable winter training!
    north west of england.
  • I'd like to give TT a go next year, been to watch my local club race and really want to give it ago. I commute everyday to work and ride early sunday mornings 30+ miles with plenty of hills, and will also buy myself a turbo trainer for winter.

Might go out this sunday and time myself over the 10 mile course my local club use, but bit worried il be well disapointed with my time, even though ive only been riding a few months. :(

Do some people on here just ride club events, or are they more of a training exercise? Also how do you find out what events are on etc?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :D
  • danowat
    You can find events on the CTT (cycling time trials) website, although not all club events are listed.

I am fairly new to TT's, I've done 3 club events, and I am doing my first open event on 25th Sept, best bet is to find a local club that runs club events, go along, they usually let you have a few "try" TT's before you have to join a club.
  • cheers mate will have a look. :D

When i went along to watch there was only about 8 at the most people, all with top of the range carbon TT bikes with all the gear etc, and all looked well chummy, bit worried il be laughed at if i turn up and embarres myself with +30 10mile but i have all winter to train and get fit.

Roll on next year :wink:
  • danowat
    I doubt that will happen, in my experiance its the opposite, everyone is very willing to help out, and is very friendy, although I am expecting my first open to be a little more "serious".

I felt a bit of a fish out of water on my first one, same as you, there I am on a boggo standard roadie, and everyone on mega-bucks carbon TT bikes, but you can still get a good time.

After my first club TT, a guy said that the quickest and easiest way to go faster was to fit aero bars, £50 later, and next week I went 26:40 from a 28:16 the week previous.

I am now looking lovingly at a Felt B16 :lol:
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t wrote:
    Quickest 10 was 23.26

Scratch that - 22.55 tonight in my last event of the season!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    a_n_t wrote:
    a_n_t wrote:
    Quickest 10 was 23.26

What course was that on?
  • a_n_t
    freehub wrote:
    a_n_t wrote:
    a_n_t wrote:
    Quickest 10 was 23.26

What course was that on?

D10/1
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Is it a proper fast course?

I was gonna say, if it was the wheelers 10 then I'm gonna have to do some training and aim for that next yeae :lol:. Tell ye if I'm do a 24 next year I'll be happy when I'm on a shed of a winter bike.
  • a_n_t
    freehub wrote:

Not amazingly quick, similar to J2/1

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/102693
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    a_n_t wrote:
    freehub wrote:

Not amazingly quick, similar to J2/1

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/102693

Hmm, you could get unlucky on the roundabouts though?
  • a_n_t
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Hmm, you could get unlucky on the roundabouts though?

I did have to slow down for a bin wagon at one actually which probably cost me 5 secs or so but its still better than chelford bloody island!!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah, chelford Island is a freakin' nightmare when you're out for a steady bimble, let alone a TT!
  • pratley wrote:
    I'd like to give TT a go next year, been to watch my local club race and really want to give it ago. I commute everyday to work and ride early sunday mornings 30+ miles with plenty of hills, and will also buy myself a turbo trainer for winter.

Might go out this sunday and time myself over the 10 mile course my local club use, but bit worried il be well disapointed with my time, even though ive only been riding a few months. :(

Do some people on here just ride club events, or are they more of a training exercise? Also how do you find out what events are on etc?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :D

Those that race in open events will use their club events as training for sure, and most club events are held on more sporting (i.e. less flat) courses. Of course, most treat the club competitions seriously as well!
    If you eant to know about TT events then the CTT webiste has all the details you need. If you joina club then the racing sec should be able to advise on the specific club events. If you aren't in a club, then visit the BC website clubfinder section.