A place becoming a cesspool .....................

rundle
rundle Posts: 52
edited September 2010 in Pro race
Amazing to see this.

Disgusting to see this.

A thread on roadbikereview, a place rapidly turning into a cesspool, posters are suggesting that Landis should be "hanging at the end of a noose", and not only is it allowed to stand......

But one of the administrators is participating.

Unbelievable.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showth ... p?t=224507

Comments

• Debate is good.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    RBR is the reknown last haven for fanboys - I don't think anyone takes them seriously anymore
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    teh internets eh!!
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    rundle wrote:
    Amazing to see this.

Disgusting to see this.

A thread on roadbikereview, a place rapidly turning into a cesspool, posters are suggesting that Landis should be "hanging at the end of a noose", and not only is it allowed to stand......

Unbelievable.

“This news that Floyd Landis is in this for the money reconfirms everything we all knew about Landis,” Armstrong spokesman Mark Fabiani said Friday in a statement.

“By his own admission, he is a serial liar, an epic cheater, and a swindler who raised and took almost a million dollars from his loyal fans based on his lies. What remains a complete mystery is why the government would devote a penny of the taxpayer’s money to help Floyd Landis further his vile, cheating ambitions.

Harsh but nail on the head time as far as Landis is concerned.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    m“This news that Floyd Landis is in this for the money reconfirms everything we all knew about Landis,” Armstrong spokesman Mark Fabiani said Friday in a statement.

“By his own admission, he is a serial liar, an epic cheater, and a swindler ..
    Talk about 'The pot calling the kettle black'! :roll:
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    rundle wrote:
    Amazing to see this.

Disgusting to see this.

Unbelievable.

“This news that Floyd Landis is in this for the money reconfirms everything we all knew about Landis,” Armstrong spokesman Mark Fabiani said Friday in a statement.

“By his own admission, he is a serial liar, an epic cheater, and a swindler who raised and took almost a million dollars from his loyal fans based on his lies. What remains a complete mystery is why the government would devote a penny of the taxpayer’s money to help Floyd Landis further his vile, cheating ambitions.

Harsh but nail on the head time as far as Landis is concerned.

Not sure I understand your point MG. So becuase Landis is a proven liar and a cheat we should ignorer anything he has to say about cheating in sport because it won't be true? The logic doesn't follow.

Besides, the Feds are only taking it further as they believe there's a liklihood of prosecution based on the evidence provided by Landis something that would have only taken a few people a few hours to collect. Not a great cost to investigate a very damaging allegation.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Hah!
    I thought Moray would relate to these posts, even though the new breed of Landis "haters" are far more toxic than any Lance "hater".
    Time to climb of that moral high horse he put himself on.
    Or maybe he missed this post, that has now been deleted?
    "the only good that can come of this is the discovery of Floyd's body, hanging from a noose..."

Still, when you have moderators who posts stuff like this:
    I think anyone would be hard pressed to find Landis to be anything other than a lying dope-riden sociopath.

Pot, kettle, black as BB says.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's one of the more saddening aspects of the Lance-issue is the divisions amongst some fans, people who should be united in a love for the sport turn on each other in petty "flame wars".
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Hah!
    I thought Moray would relate to these posts, even though the new breed of Landis "haters" are far more toxic than any Lance "hater".
    "the only good that can come of this is the discovery of Floyd's body, hanging from a noose..."

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find Landis to be anything other than a lying dope-riden sociopath.

That seems a fair description of Landis to me, he's a scumbag, just like Lance. Disliking one doesn't make the other acceptable. Landis by his own admission is a liar and a doper, so the only thing to dispute is the sociapath part, have a look at the signs and symptoms part :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial ... y_disorder
  • I don't have the highest of regard for either of these people.

Landis - clear cheat

Armstrong - we shall soon find out for sure.
  • dougzz
    I don't have the highest of regard for either of these people.

Landis - clear cheat

Armstrong - we shall soon find out for sure.

Arrrhhhhh come on, like there's doubt?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I've always thought Landis was a nice guy who was badly advised.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dougzz
    iainf72 wrote:

OK, but ultimately you have to take responsibility for your actions. If you take crap advice or ignore good advice that's all part of who/what you are.

It's a bit like would you rather be seen as an easily led fool or a liar and cheat?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Fabiani reminds me of Clay Davies. All bluster, no substance. He must know he's spouting a load of hot air, yet he's being paid huge sackfuls of money to do it, so what does he care?

He must be good though. I mean, at one point most people thought Bill Clinton was a lying, philandering sleazeball. Then Fabiani got on the case and now people think... uh... never mind.
  • Although I don't hold any exceptional sympathy for Floyd, watching the whole scene for the last several years and there is no reason to name names, when a cyclist comes under suspicion, it is always deny, deny, deny. So, realistically FL looks worst than other ones have probably because he won one of if not the most revered award in cycling.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    afx237vi wrote:
    Fabiani reminds me of Clay Davies. All bluster, no substance. He must know he's spouting a load of hot air, yet he's being paid huge sackfuls of money to do it, so what does he care?

He must be good though. I mean, at one point most people thought Bill Clinton was a lying, philandering sleazeball. Then Fabiani got on the case and now people think... uh... never mind.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :roll:
  • iainf72 wrote:
    I've always thought Landis was a nice guy who was badly advised.[/qu

I agree entirely. Some of the comments here are awful.
    Dan
  • moray_gub
    Hah!

Well first off i dont speak for others they can do that for themselves, but its funny how only a year or so back Landis was vilified and ridiculed by most in here and other forums. Now though he is regarded as some sort of truth warrior who has most in here getting all excited about his comments.. Spare me the bull the man is as Fabiani says he is thats the point i was making, becuase Landis says it is so doesnt make it so especially when you consider he swindled his way to a lot of money through his lies.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:

So he called Landis a cheat ,swindler and a liar, i dont see where the hot air is there. All perfectly acceptable comments backed up from Landis' own mouth.
  • moray_gub
    Kléber wrote:
    It's one of the more saddening aspects of the Lance-issue is the divisions amongst some fans, people who should be united in a love for the sport turn on each other in petty "flame wars".

Its many things but sad it isnt people have differing opinions and express them, dont see the problem with that myself.
  • dougzz
    iainf72 wrote:

I agree entirely. Some of the comments here are awful.

How are they awful? By his own admission he's a cheat and a liar, and by extension of his lies someone prepared to take large sums of money from people to try and pervert his lies into becoming accepted truth. Come on, please. Landis was content to follow the Bruyneel/Lance model for a rider for all those years. Then when he was away from them he just continued down the same path. He screwed up the program in the '06 TdF and got caught. Then he fleeced people for money to help proclaim his innocence, a thoroughly despicable act. He's complete scum as I see it and I just can't join the FL is OK bandwagon.

Why is it that people hate Lance but will create justifications for all the other cheats, e.g. Pantani, Indurain, Ullrich, Riis?

How is anyone of them guilty of cheating and perverting the races less/more than any other one of them?
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

So he called Landis a cheat ,swindler and a liar, i dont see where the hot air is there. All perfectly acceptable comments backed up from Landis' own mouth.

Attack the argument, not the man. Isn't that one of the unwritten rules on this here forum? Fabiani is saying a lot of things lately - all of it about Landis, nothing about the substance of the investigation.

Not that he should be talking about the investigation, but perhaps a "no comment" every now and again would look more professional (and less desperate) than hurling insults at every given opportunity.
  • iainf72
    dougzz wrote:
    Then he fleeced people for money to help proclaim his innocence, a thoroughly despicable act. He's complete scum as I see it and I just can't join the FL is OK bandwagon.

Yes, but he has realised he was wrong, hasn't he? And admitted as such.

You don't have to believe he's "ok", but but fundamentally he's not a bad guy. Like most dopers. Good guys dope and lie, bad guys dope and lie.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Attack the argument, not the man. Isn't that one of the unwritten rules on this here forum? Fabiani is saying a lot of things lately - all of it about Landis, nothing about the substance of the investigation.

Not that he should be talking about the investigation, but perhaps a "no comment" every now and again would look more professional (and less desperate) than hurling insults at every given opportunity.

Fabiani is focusing his attention on the credibilty of Landis all perfectly normal considering what has went before. Also he is not following some bikeradar forum convention he is doing what he is paid to do and that is defend his client , and if one of the chief witnesses is a liar,swindler and cheat by his own admission then its perfecly acceptable le to say so.
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Fabiani is focusing his attention on the credibilty of Landis all perfectly normal considering what has went before. Also he is not following some bikeradar forum convention he is doing what he is paid to do and that is defend his client , and if one of the chief witnesses is a liar,swindler and cheat by his own admission then its perfecly acceptable le to say so.

Except he's not defending his client, he is attacking the opposition. Subtle difference, but a tactic that usually backfires. Most of the quotes I've read have been laugh-out-loud funny... "floyd-brication" is a favourite. It doesn't exactly lend credibility to whatever approach LA is going to use to defend himself.
  • dougzz
    iainf72 wrote:
    dougzz wrote:
    Then he fleeced people for money to help proclaim his innocence, a thoroughly despicable act. He's complete scum as I see it and I just can't join the FL is OK bandwagon.

Yes, but he has realised he was wrong, hasn't he? And admitted as such.

You don't have to believe he's "ok", but but fundamentally he's not a bad guy. Like most dopers. Good guys dope and lie, bad guys dope and lie.

I'm not sure he has realised he was wrong, I think he maybe just got fed-up with the lack of a ride and a wage, and thought sod it. I'll bring down LA's little castle right around him. I'm far from convinced about the motives that got him to this point. I really don't know how to judge him as a good or bad guy, beyond the lies and cheating, and that brings me firmly down on the bad guy side.

Iain, do you think if FL had been picked up by a decent team after the ban the toys would have come out of the pram so dramatically?
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Except he's not defending his client, he is attacking the opposition. Subtle difference, but a tactic that usually backfires.

Its all part of a defence and If you are good at it like he is is its not a tactic that backfires and its perfectly acceptable to do what he is doing. After all Floyds' reputation is fair game here and you said yourself Fabiani should not comment on the facts of the investigation yet.
  • iainf72
    dougzz wrote:

Iain, do you think if FL had been picked up by a decent team after the ban the toys would have come out of the pram so dramatically?

No, but he would've probably eventually told the truth. I believe the same of Tyler Hamilton.

He did what was expected of him by the cycling establishment. They left him to rot so they get what they deserve now.
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Except he's not defending his client, he is attacking the opposition. Subtle difference, but a tactic that usually backfires.

Its all part of a defence and If you are good at it like he is is its not a tactic that backfires and its perfectly acceptable to do what he is doing. After all Floyds' reputation is fair game here and you said yourself Fabiani should not comment on the facts of the investigation yet.

On what basis do you say he's good at what he's doing? I think he's very unlikely to change anyone's mind. Anyone who is interested in this made their mind up a long time ago. People are so entrenched in the opinion of Lance Armstrong, that whatever news emerges is just used to further enforce those ideas on both sides. Even after all this ends, I'd be very surprised if anyone actually changes their mind.

At the risk of channeling Dennis, the only people who win here are the lawyers.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

On what basis do you say he's good at what he's doing? I think he's very unlikely to change anyone's mind. Anyone who is interested in this made their mind up a long time ago. People are so entrenched in the opinion of Lance Armstrong, that whatever news emerges is just used to further enforce those ideas on both sides. Even after all this ends, I'd be very surprised if anyone actually changes their mind.

At the risk of channeling Dennis, the only people who win here are the lawyers.

Well he has pretty much nailed down Landis' for all to see especially for those who maybe didnt know the full sp of his cheating swindle. As for changing peoples minds thats not really what he is trying to do here he is muddying waters and attacking the credibilty of witnesses and he IS good at doing that. Lets face it FL is a lying swindling cheat and so it become very much an issue as to his credibility as a witness.