Vuelta stage 9 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• Nice move by Lopez. He rode well and aggressively so glad he got the win. First since 07 as well.

See that guy chuck his bidon over the bridge!

Andy out the back - I am beginning to wonder if he will be any help in the mountains.

Why would not bothering, when on the final run in, suggest that Andy won't climb hot when we finally hit the major slopes?

Ruben "OP" Plaza, takes over 5th from The Donkey Man and Mosquera up to 6th.
    Bruseghin drops to 8th.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Only that you would expect someone who is good enough to come 2nd in the Tour de France to easily stay up there on all the 'lesser' stages so far. As it stands hehas lost a ton of time.

Ok he may really, really be keeping his powder dry, but I would expect someone of his capabilities to have damage potential in his legs even if he was well placed every day.

There is also the fact that he would be much more dangerous if he was high in GC - I don't think they will care if he shoots up a mountain now, but if he wasn't far back they would be forced to chase, thus giving Frank a draft up the mountain.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2015
    del
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    afx237vi wrote:
    Euskaltel should have let Barredo take the jersey - yes or no?

No, definitely not. A spell in the leader's jersey is great publicity for Euskaltel and there is no guarantee, with 2 weeks still to go, that Anton will still be in with a shout for the overall in the final week. Whatever way you look at it, with a stage win and a spell in the lead, he's had a great Vuelta and anything from now on is a bonus.