exposure 2011

stuman69er
stuman69er Posts: 30
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
was about to place an order for an exposure joystick today. had everything in the shopping cart but then saw they were releasing a 2011 model with 300 lumens instead of 240. has anybody seen or heard any more? by the looks of things they will be shipping out on monday? will hopefully be ordering then.

Stuart.

Comments

• That will be the Joystick Mk5

I just ordered the 2011 Strada Mk2 last night.

The online store emailed me they will get it in stock ASAP.

I don't really need it until October so that's ok...
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    http://www.rutlandcycling.com/25651/USE-Exposure-Joystick-Mk-5-LED-Front-Light-2011--with-Lanyard-.html

I've just ordered the Flash/Flare set-up to accompany my Magicshine 900 lumens.
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    wow the strada has had a massive power increase. 600 lumens from 480. i got last years at a decent price last year. i may see if i can find someone to pay what i did (it really was that good a price!) last year and upgrade...
  • it looks like 30% across the range. and a touch cheaper to boot.

lucky i held off lol.
  • it looks like 30% across the range. and a touch cheaper to boot.

lucky i held off lol.
  • Has anyone got their new Exposure light delivered yet?

I mean for those who ordered a 2011 model.
  • I got an email from Winstanley bikes today saying my new Diablo will be delivered on or before the 30th Sept. They were the cheapest at £179.99
  • Got 2 emails today from Winstanleys

1st updated expected delivery date as 7th

2nd updated expected delivery date as 12th Oct
  • spasypaddy
    i got an exposure flare rear light at the weekend. it's fantastic. am waiting for the new stradas to drop and will probably upgrade mine.
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A wrote:
    http://www.rutlandcycling.com/25651/USE-Exposure-Joystick-Mk-5-LED-Front-Light-2011--with-Lanyard-.html

I've just ordered the Flash/Flare set-up to accompany my Magicshine 900 lumens.

I'm still waiting for mine - apparently USE are experiencing supplier issues :evil:
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • Just ordered a Toro Mk2 and a long cable Redeye Mk2, been told 10 days....can't wait!
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Got 2 x Magicshine MJ-818 rears - OMG.......fab.........
  • Well after deliberating for quite a long time, I eventually went for a Hope Vision 2. It's currently sat in the post office for me to pick it up tomorrow, but I'ver knackered my back, so won't get to use it in anger for a while....
  • Uchiga
    Uchiga Posts: 230
    Exposure Have Gone For Changing What LED's They Use Hence The Larger Output Of Lumens And Seems Like They Have Changed The Battery Tech In Order To Keep Up With The LED Output Thus Keeping Things Running For Just As Long And Brighter. Though It Has To Be Said 480 Lumens For The Strada/Race Is Ample Enough As It Is...
  • SamWise72
    SamWise72 Posts: 453
    Why All The Unnecessary Capitalisation?
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • Uchiga
    Uchiga Posts: 230
    SamWise72 wrote:
    Why All The Unnecessary Capitalisation?

Why Not?
  • spasypaddy
    yes i agree 480 is enough but in plain and simple terms
    600 >>> 480
    however when riding with my club i dont think i want to be using 600 as im already bright enough for all of us and im very wary of blinding my club mates.
  • Anybody any news? USE aren't talking to me.....
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    Emailed USE regarding delay: no answer

Evans has most lights in stock, but at full RRP of £245.

Other retailers still waiting for stock: CRC is now estimating November for the new Strada.

In the end, I decided to cancel my order (New 2011 strada for £220) and ordered a 2010 Strada for £180.

Pleased with it, plenty bright at the Ride setting, which is what I need as I commute daily for 1 hour in the dark.

The 2011 is certainly nicer, but maybe not worth an extra £65 on top (in my case).

The one thing I would love is the USB charger, but with the money I saved I can now buy an extra mount bracket
  • R_T_A
    jezoliver wrote:
    Anybody any news? USE aren't talking to me.....

Unfortunately USE are still unable to release the 2011 range. This is a countrywide problem. We have been advised that the due date is now mid-october.

Please accept our apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • Cancelled my order for the new Diablo Mk 2 with Winstaneys and promptly reordered with Zero G in Downend Bristol, here's why;

They matched the price (£180)
    They let me have a piggyback single cell half price
    Most impressively they have loaned me a Toro until the Diablo comes in
    All this over the counter rather than internet

No bad remarks for Winstanley though they have been great but I couldn't not take advantage of the deal. Diablo due in next week but I'm not in a rush anymore!

Servd by 'John' check them out....
  • skerto
    skerto Posts: 6
    My Toro mk2 has just been dispatched from Wiggle, £242 (with platinum discount) :D
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    skerto wrote:
    My Toro mk2 has just been dispatched from Wiggle, £242 (with platinum discount) :D

pls excuse my ignorance, and i don't mean to p!ss on your bonfire, but £242 for a torch?!?!? :shock:

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • skerto
    skerto Posts: 6
    CXXC wrote:
    skerto wrote:

pls excuse my ignorance, and i don't mean to p!ss on your bonfire, but £242 for a torch?!?!? :shock:

yep!! I know you can get cheaper but I ride 40 miles a day 5 days a week and want something I can rely on, been using Exposure Race for 2 years and Joystick with no problems, issue with my red-eye fixed quickly and without hassle - get what you pay for in my view - product and customer service. Each to there own and all that
  • Still waiting for my Diablo MK 2, 4 dates given and passed, have stopped giving me dates now.....
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    jezoliver wrote:
    Still waiting for my Diablo MK 2, 4 dates given and passed, have stopped giving me dates now.....

Exactly why I opted for the mk1 strada (http://wokingham-cyclist.blogspot.com/2 ... -2010.html)

Waited so long for the strada mk2 I decided 120 lumens weren't worth an extra £65 and a potential long wait.

CRC will get them in stock in November...
  • still waiting on my Joystick MK5. going to put some pressure on the LBS tomorrow as CRC now has them in stock for next day delivery.
  • Got my Toro Mk2 on Friday, and my colleaqgue received his Diablo too. They seem to be feeding through now.
  • it;s ready for collection!!!!!!!!
  • finally collected by Diablo and the I can't get it to charge!!! Frustrated or what, I had to give back the borrowed one so couldn't get out.

Charger lights green instead of red? When charging the piggy back cell battery the charger flashes green then red but doesn't seem to hold charge either..

any ideas?