My new Carbon Fibre Superbike

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Is starting to look more like an Oak kitchen.

*sigh*
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    :(
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Time to put you foot down, what are you man or mouse?

:lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    My beautiful Ducati 998 SPS (with "R" upgrades) and Cervelo P3 turned into a kitchen too.....funny how it happens.

My bonus turned into a New Mercedes that I don't get to drive too....

You have my sympathy.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    itboffin wrote:

Says the smooth legged tranny in training ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Built a new kitchen three years ago.... started buying bikes 2 years later! :D

My lovely wife is going away on holiday this weekend with her Mum leaving strict instructions that I am NOT to buy another bike while she is away like last time..... :( Would I do that???? :D
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    essexian wrote:
    Built a new kitchen three years ago.... started buying bikes 2 years later! :D

My lovely wife is going away on holiday this weekend with her Mum leaving strict instructions that I am NOT to buy another bike while she is away like last time..... :( Would I do that???? :D

Buy the bike. Claim to have misheard her. It won't work, but you will have a new bike.
  • itboffin
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Says the smooth legged tranny in training ;)

Who has two new bikes ;-)

*scratches lumpy legs
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rf6 wrote:
    [quote="essexian"My lovely wife is going away on holiday this weekend with her Mum leaving strict instructions that I am NOT to buy another bike while she is away like last time..... :( Would I do that???? :D

Buy the bike. Claim to have misheard her. It won't work, but you will have a new bike.[/quote]

You heard kitchen not bike...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rf6 wrote:
    Buy the bike. Claim to have misheard her. It won't work, but you will have a new bike.

That might actually work as I never listen to her anyway (she says).
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    The 'to do' list on Sterry Towers is as follows:

• Replaster hallway, dining room, master bedroom & spare bedroom
    • Decorate the above
    • New kitchen (base units and appliances already there, but needs new floor, worktop, sink, wall units, etc.)
    • New wooden floors to living room hallway and dining room
    • New carpet to all upstairs rooms except bathroom
    • Refurbish staircase and fit new runner.
    • Redecorate all internal doors

The Mercian is going to be a looooooong project.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Sold the GSXR to fund the purchase of wife (at the time)'s new Mini but on the upside, it kept her out of the Subaru Impreza which was safely cocooned in the garage :)
  • itboffin
    Now then now then now then new kitchen peeps, where any of you by chance thinking of having solid oak work tops?

I ask because 3 years ago when I had my new kitchen fitted one of the sections had a nasty knot so i asked the fitters to send a chippy to smooth out, instead they sent me the either work top again, the whole 10ft x 2ft and 2in thick.

It's been boxed up in my garage ever since, so dumb of them but anyway just a thought.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Somewhere on the 'net there must be a similar thread for women cyclists and their other halves, but where? :lol:
  • itboffin wrote:
    solid oak work tops?

....10ft x 2ft and 2in thick...It's been boxed up in my garage ever since, so dumb of them but anyway just a thought.

If anyone has Mousetrap, I have Buckaroo which I'd like to swap.

It has all the pieces

Cheers
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin wrote:
    solid oak work tops?

....10ft x 2ft and 2in thick...It's been boxed up in my garage ever since, so dumb of them but anyway just a thought.

It has all the pieces

Cheers

I have Mousetrap, one mouse missing and the silly putty is hard.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    itboffin wrote:
    solid oak work tops?

It has all the pieces

Cheers

If you are bored with Buckaroo, buy a strobe light. It livens it up no end
  • My LandRover defender turned itself into a new kitchen.
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165

*sigh*
    Please let me know where you can get a decent oak kitchen for the price of a carbon superbike !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterry
    itboffin wrote:
    Now then now then now then new kitchen peeps, where any of you by chance thinking of having solid oak work tops?

I ask because 3 years ago when I had my new kitchen fitted one of the sections had a nasty knot so i asked the fitters to send a chippy to smooth out, instead they sent me the either work top again, the whole 10ft x 2ft and 2in thick.

It's been boxed up in my garage ever since, so dumb of them but anyway just a thought.

<sucks teeth> Oak work tops eh? Look lovely in the catalogues, and when you've just put them in, but all it takes is one hot pan, or a wet mug left overnight and it's wrecked. Fine as a breakfast bar though.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• itboffin
    rjsterry wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

<sucks teeth> Oak work tops eh? Look lovely in the catalogues, and when you've just put them in, but all it takes is one hot pan, or a wet mug left overnight and it's wrecked. Fine as a breakfast bar though.

Nah not been a problem in three years.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

*sigh*
    Please let me know where you can get a decent oak kitchen for the price of a carbon superbike !

Just to clarify

The kids aren't getting a university education either
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    rjsterry wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

This is why oak has been discounted in our house.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Oak may also be a marketing term rather than a component material

Still means no Bianchi Infinito for yours truly
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    Pufftmw wrote:
    Sold the GSXR to fund the purchase of wife <snip>

Nearly spat my coffee out at this point :)
    A biking runner :)
  • tailwindhome
    So.....

The kitchen budget kicked the bejesus out of the Carbon fibre budget but there was still a bit of treat money left for yours truly.

The new Alu Synapse, a Genesis Equilbrium, a Planet X, a Focus...

What's that love of my life?

We need a new washing machine?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Give her directions for the launderette.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,823
    It's easier to get forgiveness than to get permission.

Or something like that !
  • tailwindhome
    cjcp wrote:
    Give her directions for the launderette.

She's getting a new kitchen.

No way is she getting an evening out too.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Hrun wrote:
    Pufftmw wrote:
    Sold the GSXR to fund the purchase of wife <snip>

Nearly spat my coffee out at this point :)

ditto
    Hat + Beard
  • rjsterry
    So.....

The kitchen budget kicked the bejesus out of the Carbon fibre budget but there was still a bit of treat money left for yours truly.

The new Alu Synapse, a Genesis Equilbrium, a Planet X, a Focus...

What's that love of my life?

We need a new washing machine?

Sounds familiar - any spare cash is allocated to the kitchen until further notice and have just had to buy a new washing machine due to old one curling its toes up (it was well over 10 yrs old, so was due for retirement). No toys until the kitchen is finished, so I'd better get on with it.
    Pinnacle Monzonite