Magicshine MJ- 816 / 808

2»

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Magicshine is ordered and I've dug out a load of old Cateye light fixings from the shed (Those old lights were about as usefull as a candle in a Jam Jar...) I'll see how I get on!
  • moggy82 wrote:
    Theres a guide on this on in the what lights thread about 6 months + ago!

The pics can be seen on my pinkbike!

can you post the link please
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I did mine with the electron bracket off CRC with spacers to clear the cable.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • I've had one of these for a few months now, and agree with everything said here - great lights, but a bit 'wobbly'.
    Definitely off to buy one of the cateyes so I can use the mount.

When I got mine, I got 2.5hrs burn time on full power straight out of the box. I'm now up to about 3.5hrs with two months use, although on the recent cold nights around the Puffer route it's nearer 3hrs.

When the power indicator hits red, I'm finding I have around half an hour left, again with all lights at full power. You do have the option to switch either the 'full beam' or 'wide' lights off though to extend these times.
    You can also vary the brightness, but it's either 100% or 5%, nothing inbetween.

I'm finding it takes just over 3 hrs to fully recharge the battery from flat.

Would definitely recommend them - two of my mates saw mine and bought themselves one the next day. Wonder if they'll be buying cateyes in a few days....................
  • just got 3 all in from hong kong ,make my mates 400.00 light pants!!,2 weeks delivery. dealextreme a1 service.

cheers murf.
  • my battery began to leak the other week, i informed magicshine uk & they sent a new one out special delivery that day, with a postage paid label enclosed for return of the old one. Impressive service. A friend bought the 816 from the US & seems to be having a similar issue, both mine & his light was not fully charging, the button was blue on a full charge.
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !