Hardtail vs full susser

2»

Comments

• well HT is the ONLY way to ride.

I like to kick off my ride with a quick blitz down the high street on the pavement ofc,
    then when i get to my local trail i burn down the foot path kickig dogs and shouting boo at grannies. I use my SPDs to great affect as it allows me to realy get the powe down as i burn up the 25m climb, any one that rides flats need to mtfu, If i did this on the FS bike i would be 1/2 that man that i am on a HT.

HT are safer as after i have kicked a dog in the nutts if he bolts in to my rear triangle he wont get stuck in my suspention.
    Ii then drink from my bottle in my bottle cage.. i mean who would use a ruck sack and a bladder.
    dam to i look good in my lycra who would use baggies
    Best of all is when the wind is blowing and i can feel it in my hair as i dont have a helmet on.
    I then sit down an read the daily mail.

:wink:

shows what you know, i bet you havent even tried a fs bike yet you come on here with your sanctimonious preaching and as for riding on th pavement, i hope you get jailed.

also, i dont know why people on bikes hate dogs so much, if anyone kicked mine id kick them to death.

Please note the :wink:
    Then head back a read the post as i mangle my way though every heated debate that has been in hte MTB section over the last month... though i did managed to miss out how real trails are for big girls and trail centers are where thh real men ride ahh well. :roll:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    and my work here is done.

it appears obvious troll isnt all that obvious eh
  • and my work here is done.

it appears obvious troll isnt all that obvious eh

I'd say that was Troll RE there sheeps :wink:
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    for god sake have a laugh you lot are so serious.
    ive had hardtails and fs bikes i found myself reaching for my hardtail more often than not.thats my preference,i guess the majority of my riding is better suited to the hardtail.i find a lot of trail centres are more fun with a fs as you can hammer them and keep the momentum going.where an hardtail you have to work harder.
    horses for courses.it doesnt matter as long as you got a grin at the end of the ride. :P
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    for god sake have a laugh you lot are so serious.
    ive had hardtails and fs bikes i found myself reaching for my hardtail more often than not.thats my preference,i guess the majority of my riding is better suited to the hardtail.i find a lot of trail centres are more fun with a fs as you can hammer them and keep the momentum going.where an hardtail you have to work harder.
    horses for courses.it doesnt matter as long as you got a grin at the end of the ride. :P
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    We 29er riders don't get so worked up with such trifle details, hardtail or F>S - don't care, to busy enjoying the ride, think about that as we we pass you wee piddlers on the trail. :lol: :twisted:
    Don't think, BE:
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    What,,,,,,,,, 10 seconds and still no hate mail?
    Don't think, BE:
  • I'm about to do a bad thing this weekend, i'm borrowing a demo bike and taking one of these for a spin:

44870.jpg

Coming from the world of steel and hardtails i feel it might be a bit of a culture shock...
  • Guys i have only made three posts i dont even no what trolling is!!!! I just cant see the point in heavy FS bikes when your legs are the most efficiant suspension system in the world, and i have had a FS bike i used to have a specialized enduro but i sold it on to get an on one scandal with long forks and i have never over taken on a trail since :D
    Want cash back on online purchases from CRC ebay TESCO and 000s more? Its completely free, Visit this site: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/member62282200556
  • 1. You're 17, which officially means you know fuck all!
    2. You bought an On-one scandal and put "long forks" on it, which officially means you know fuck all!
    3. In your own words, since selling your Enduro you "have never over taken on a trail since". Which suggests you're slower now than on the FS, which officially means you know fuck all!

Pics of this Enduro, and the "scandal with long forks" or it didn't happen!

Back under your bridge boy.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    2. You bought an On-one scandal and put "long forks" on it, which officially means you know f*** all!

I had a Scandal with long forks, it was alright. Warrantied up to 130mm.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • on-one wrote:
    Guys i have only made three posts i dont even no what trolling is!!!! I just cant see the point in heavy FS bikes

Don't get a heavy one then!

Maybe Peaty should take your advice then?

End of the day you've got your opinion- and its wrong.
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Alright dick head i meant have never BEEN over taken since.

4960762173_7c4b6710ee.jpg
    DSCF3351 by on-one2010, on Flickr
    Want cash back on online purchases from CRC ebay TESCO and 000s more? Its completely free, Visit this site: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/member62282200556
  • Northwind wrote:
    2. You bought an On-one scandal and put "long forks" on it, which officially means you know f*** all!

130mm is long?! :shock:

Its pretty mid range nowadays :lol:
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    on-one wrote:
    Alright dick head i meant have never BEEN over taken since.

you must be awesome.
    will you be our leader ?
  • on-one
    Do you have a bigger rotor on the rear?

Also... Scandal looked better with the rigid fork!
  • Northwind wrote:

Its pretty mid range nowadays :lol:

fair point lol
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Jesus guys....why all the rage? :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:

Because the OP is a bellend of the highest order.

Oh, and I'll Jesus your rage in a minute.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

For a cross country hardtail, sure.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bails87 wrote:

RAGE
  • Northwind wrote:

Nah... mtfu!
  • on-one
    Do you have a bigger rotor on the rear?

Also... Scandal looked better with the rigid fork!

Yeah i buckled the rear rotor a while back and thats the only spare i had and still haven't got round to replacing it.

4960756281_61ca4cb0af.jpg
    DSCF3140 by on-one2010, on Flickr
  • Northwind wrote:

130mm was plenty for me in the peaks:)
  • biff55 wrote:
    on-one wrote:
    Alright dick head i meant have never BEEN over taken since.

you must be awesome.
    will you be our leader ?

what?????????? lol