Llangdegla was great, the people there were not.

13»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Briggo wrote:
    in everyday activities people dont acknowledge each other
    Tehy do round here. Just a friendly "alright?" almost always gets a reply in kind.
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Someone told me that members of the caravan club give each other a wave and a big cheesey smile when they pass each other, somehow it just does not seem to fit with mountain biking. :lol::lol::lol:
  • zedhead
    zedhead Posts: 109
    Briggo wrote:
    in everyday activities people dont acknowledge each other
    Tehy do round here. Just a friendly "alright?" almost always gets a reply in kind.
    :wink: It's the right thing to do! 8)
    Like when you hold a door open for someone, or if you let someone out of a side road when driving, you expect them to say thankyou. It's simple manners, innit?
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Briggo wrote:
    zedhead wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    Like someone said above, do you say hi to everyone you walk past doing some shopping because you're doing the shopping too? Or wave at every other car driver just because they're driving too?

Missing the point there

I'm not though am I, why do you expect people to respond, like I said in everyday activities people dont acknowledge each other so why should they suddenly do it on the trails.

There could be a multitude of reasons why they didnt respond and being cnut is just one of many.

I dont always respond back when people say hi to me because I'm either going too fast, concentrating on the course to not fall off, dont like their beard, they dont have boobs and so on.

it's expected to say hello to people on the trails because until fairly recently it was quite a small sport and you'd be happy to see other people enjoying the same thing as you. these days and cnut can pick up a bike and go to a trail centre, if you're too 'busy' to say hello whilst riding then you're the type of cnut people are talking about!!

iu could understand on a commute or something, but trail etiquette is that there's an unspoken rule to say hello -well i always thought there was anyway
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    It was only a few years ago that you could ride Llandegla and never see anyone until you got back to the carpark.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    omegas wrote:
    It was only a few years ago that you could ride Llandegla and never see anyone until you got back to the carpark.
    Then more people came, bringing more money, which went into the trails and facilities, which became better, which bring in more riders, which brings in more money.
    And here we are.
  • Indeed,

I don't always reply to people round Cwm, Sometimes I'm trying to go as fast as i can and push myself, On a hard climb working, HAving to mutter anythings breaks my breathing cycle.

SO not always are people being rude, there trying to acheive.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    There's a good vibe around Cannock at night; greetings and banter are in full flow.

But in the daytime it's different. Non-bikers seem to have acknowledged that the Chase has been given over to some kind of MTB motorway and they are generally far more friendly than people on bikes who appear to be MTBrs.

MTBing has become a lifestyle thing and people can buy their way into it. When I started motorcycling, another biker was a fellow 'rebel against society' - however quaint that may seem - and acknowledging them was a given. Of course now all kinds of people buy motorcycles and a lot of this camaraderie has been lost.

Same with MTBing.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    welshkev wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    zedhead wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    Like someone said above, do you say hi to everyone you walk past doing some shopping because you're doing the shopping too? Or wave at every other car driver just because they're driving too?

Missing the point there

I'm not though am I, why do you expect people to respond, like I said in everyday activities people dont acknowledge each other so why should they suddenly do it on the trails.

There could be a multitude of reasons why they didnt respond and being cnut is just one of many.

I dont always respond back when people say hi to me because I'm either going too fast, concentrating on the course to not fall off, dont like their beard, they dont have boobs and so on.

it's expected to say hello to people on the trails because until fairly recently it was quite a small sport and you'd be happy to see other people enjoying the same thing as you. these days and cnut can pick up a bike and go to a trail centre, if you're too 'busy' to say hello whilst riding then you're the type of cnut people are talking about!!

iu could understand on a commute or something, but trail etiquette is that there's an unspoken rule to say hello -well i always thought there was anyway

Its not expected, just you expect it.

I'll quite happily be called a cnut if thats what you think, if I dont want to respond thats down to me and what I'm doing at the time, like I said I usually do but there are times I wont due to concentration or lack of big breasts etc.

I doubt I'd respond to you anyway as you're welsh.
  • welshkev
    edited November 2010
    Briggo wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    zedhead wrote:
    Briggo wrote:

Missing the point there

Its not expected, just you expect it.

I'll quite happily be called a cnut if thats what you think, if I dont want to respond thats down to me and what I'm doing at the time, like I said I usually do but there are times I wont due to concentration or lack of big breasts etc.

I doubt I'd respond to you anyway as you're welsh.

ha ha, you're the funniest man in that chair... :roll: and yes i do expect it, it's called politeness. but ah well, horses for courses. i'll say hello, you won't, i'll call you a cnut.

but i'm sure you're really a nice guy, even if you are a racist :wink::lol:

edit* just out of interest, can i ask where you're from?
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    I can't believe this thread is still rumbling on ... :shock:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    welshkev wrote:
    just out of interest, can i ask where you're from?

Norfolk, we dont acknowledge each other here as we're all related to one another and embarresed about it.
  • welshkev
    i was actually gonna say that - not the bit about being related to each other :lol:

perhaps it's just a country thing? or a geographical thing? maybe people in other areas don't say hello like they do around here :?
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Indeed,

I don't always reply to people round Cwm, Sometimes I'm trying to go as fast as i can and push myself, On a hard climb working, HAving to mutter anythings breaks my breathing cycle.

SO not always are people being rude, there trying to acheive.

I agree with this - although in my case it's more because i'm a bit unfit (as opposed to trying to go as fast as I can) and can't co-ordinate the whole speaking and breathing thing :?

I'm certainly not being rude though, and do always try to smile at people even if I can't manage more than a "aargggh" in reply!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc