Training pains

jackp
jackp Posts: 48
edited September 2010 in Training, fitness and health
I almost everytime have bad cramp after rides when i sit down about 20 mins after a ride,sometimes it just comes randomly when im having dinner and have to stand up it is so bad,i am stretching before and after rides and eating all the right stuff,also have this thing in winter almost all the time when little chap gets so cold -cant piss or anthing,have tryed several thickneses of winter tights
any advise would be great
cheers

Comments

• Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    jackp wrote:
    I almost everytime have bad cramp after rides when i sit down about 20 mins after a ride,sometimes it just comes randomly when im having dinner and have to stand up it is so bad,i am stretching before and after rides and eating all the right stuff,also have this thing in winter almost all the time when little chap gets so cold -cant wee-wee or anthing,have tryed several thickneses of winter tights
    any advise would be great
    cheers
    Questions: Is this all rides (independent of intensity or duration)?; has this problem developed since cycling?; have you had your bike position checked out by a professional? what's your flexibilityy like? is it worth getting checked by a doctor?
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I would say also, what intensity/duration and what are you drinking during the ride, and after the ride.

With regards to the winter issue, have you got Roubaix fleeced lined tights, these should stop most issues, but the problem with not going for a wee, you will only go to wee if your bladder is full, drink a pint of water after the ride, if you are hydrated enough, that will pass through fairly quickly. If you are dehydrated, it will take a long time.
  • jackp
    jackp Posts: 48
    HI thanks for the tips for me ,the problem with the downsstairs department isnt that im dehydrated as have looked into this as a possible before,i drink 500ml before and after and 1l an hour on hard rides,i will get some base layer tights that should help on the cold days -im sure its just the cold which does it as not a problem all through summer,just a little concerned having these problems allready at 17 :cry:
  • Try some tights or underpants that have wind stopper material in them - Craft make some - work very well.