A little bit harsh I thought

2»

Comments

• Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    Unfortunatly, my missus would be dreadful, i've tried to give her a confidence boost, but no. I'm gonna buy her a bike one day and get her out and about, took her to BR last month and she loved it. Though she'd have me in a full face/all the armour, just to pop down the shops. I'm not sure if she's had a bad experience or what :s
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    Took my Mrs for her FIRST EVER mountain biking experience over at Gisburn the other week. Sure she was nervous at first and we didn't do anything difficult. But she loved it.

If I'd pushed her hard up the hills and basically left her to it she would have peed off within minutes.

As it is we're off for a weekend down in Wales with Forest Freeride so she can pick up some useful skills quickly.
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    TBH, my missus is far happier with a shopping trolley....

So thats where she goes when i go riding. :lol:
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Well, riding with my better half. Her first ride was in local forest then straight after that went to CYB, then did ride Marin and back to CYB the other week again. She wasn't that fit on climbs which pissed me off, but never did I give her good bollocking about that. Although after some experience she became really cocky and fast, which lead her to a good lesson flying over the bars and landing on her face. Luckily enough had only minor scratches, so all is fine.

Now she doesn't ride with me, ... because I had a go on her.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though