Ricco is super arrogant and has an enormous mouth : )

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited August 2010 in Pro race
According to Boogerd

“Riccò is a cyclist who, regardless of doping, always had opponents,” he wrote in his blog in Telesport. “He was not arrogant, but super-arrogant. He had not a big mouth, but an enormous mouth. You liked him or you had a great dislike to him.

“I can still remember how I first met him. In the Tirreno-Adriatico in 2006 I drove the pace at the front [of the peloton] to defend the leadership of Thomas Dekker. As a newcomer, Riccò began to squeeze between us. I pushed him away, and he pushed back. We had a few words, when he asked me who I thought I really was. Later in the hotel I looked at who that rider was. It proved to be Riccò.”

However, despite their history, Boogerd believes that the Italian should be allowed have a second chance, and that people should back off a little and let him get on with things. “Some in the peloton say that he did not deserve a place in a large team,” he continued. “I look at it differently. When riders including Ivan Basso, Michele Scarponi, David Millar and Alexandre Vinokourov may return, Riccò also deserves that chance.”

Boogerd said that he objected to the treatment given to Vinokourov when he won Liège-Bastogne-Liège earlier this year. The Astana rider was blasted by fans and by some of the media, and a portion of his fellow professionals also appeared to be less than happy.

The Dutchman gives two reasons why such treatment is wrong. “Firstly, everyone deserves a second chance, where he can show a better life. Second, we live now in the so-called "new cycling". It’s one sport that should be much cleaner because there is so much more controlled and the biological passport gives cheaters no space.”

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5320/ ... z0x2uGQU3M
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    "However, he said that the fact that Ivan Basso and Alexandre Vinokourov are still winning shows that the top riders will prevail nonetheless"

Let me get this straight, the fact that some ex-dopers are still winning proves that the top riders will always win regardless of doping?

What a silly argument.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Just makes you wonder why, if they can win clean, did they need to dope in the first place.
  • Boogerd seems to have the right attitude, every rider deserves a second chance.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    Pokerface wrote:
    Just makes you wonder why, if they can win clean, did they need to dope in the first place.

Its the crutch Dave Lloyd wrote about mentioned in t'other thread. Maybe they've all got confidence problems and what they really need is a good shrink.

Doesnt BikingBernie have a psych degree? i'm sure he'd sort them out. :wink:
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Thirdly, because the Dutchman's name has itself been mentioned in connection with the Humanplasma rumours that just won't go away.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    Michael Boogerd has enormous teeth
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Why do some people, on this forum, seem to have such a problem with people who don't suit THEIR idea of perfection? Why must these riders be perfect and without flaw?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    dennisn wrote:
    Why do some people, on this forum, seem to have such a problem with people who don't suit THEIR idea of perfection? Why must these riders be perfect and without flaw?

Riccardo Ricco doesn't suit anyone's idea of perfection, apart from Riccardo Ricco's
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dennisn
    RichN95 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Riccardo Ricco doesn't suit anyone's idea of perfection, apart from Riccardo Ricco's

My point exactly. He is who he is, and that's just fine with me. Others, however, don't seem to be able to deal with it and want him to be someone other than who he is. Sorry about your luck guys and to be honest I love the idea that someone you don't know, haven't met, never seen in person, wouldn't know him if you did see him, and don't really have a clue about who he really is, can get you all worked up. Funny stuff(to me).
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    He is who he is, and that's fine with you. The people on this forum are who they are, but that doesn't seem to be fine with you?

You don't like people getting high falutin' ideas above their station, do you Dennis?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    dennisn wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

My point exactly. He is who he is, and that's just fine with me. Others, however, don't seem to be able to deal with it and want him to be someone other than who he is. Sorry about your luck guys and to be honest I love the idea that someone you don't know, haven't met, never seen in person, wouldn't know him if you did see him, and don't really have a clue about who he really is, can get you all worked up. Funny stuff(to me).

What's funny to me is that you can read a thread and find stuff in it that you clearly imagine people to be saying even though in fact they're saying nothing of the kind.

Who in this thread has got "worked up" or been "unable to deal with it"? (Whatever "it" is.)
  • brakelever
    brakelever Posts: 158
    toledo ohio , the world centre of cycling !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    brakelever wrote:

Ok maybe i have missed your point here but what does it matter where he comes from ? for that matter where do you come from so we can decide if it meets the criteria for being the world centre of cycling............whatever that is.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dennisn
    DaveyL wrote:
    He is who he is, and that's fine with you. The people on this forum are who they are, but that doesn't seem to be fine with you?

You don't like people getting high falutin' ideas above their station, do you Dennis?

No I don't. One of my major dislikes in people is when they CLAIM to know that this or that person is a so and so without any idea of who the person is. These people call all kinds of other people this or that, yet when I call then idiots(tit for tat) they get upset. You want your heroes to be perfect - not gonna happen. Skeletons everywhere. You, them, AND me. Once again I say - get better heroes and you won't have these anger issues with some cyclist who, like the rest of us, is far from perfect.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Why are you judging the people on this forum, Dennis? You don't know them.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • pictit
    pictit Posts: 603
    brakelever wrote:

My cousin John was over visiting last week.He was born and raised in Toledo,Ohio [sired by Scottish maw and paw ].We had a month in Toledo many moons ago when I was a 12 year old and I remember thinking " this place has got to be the world centre of cycling".John actually claimed it was too.
    Thats a true story,the part about my cousins visit and my visiting Toledo.But maybe the thought that struck me was " no way is this the centre of world cycling" ?.And maybe he claimed no such thing !!!.I just cannot remember for certain one way or t'other ! :shock: :wink:

PS.Slightly off topic !! :) but I believe Lake Erie was almost dead then [late sixties].No mean feat considering it's size but that,too,could be a load of bollox.Aint that interesting?.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    DaveyL wrote:

DaveyL v Dennis : current score 2 - nil
  • dennisn
    DaveyL wrote:

Nope, not judging anyone. Simply engaging in name calling with the no brainers(like frenchfighter) who seem to insist on calling just about anyone they please, just about anything they please. I love it when they get upset with me for doing to them what they choose to do to others(tit for tat you clowns).

:lol::lol::lol:
  • afx237vi
    dennisn wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Nope, not judging anyone. Simply engaging in name calling with the no brainers(like frenchfighter) who seem to insist on calling just about anyone they please, just about anything they please. I love it when they get upset with me for doing to them what they choose to do to others(tit for tat you clowns).

Frenchfighter is who he is and that's not fine with you? You aren't able to deal with it and want him to be someone other than who he is? Sorry about your luck, Den, but I love the idea that someone you don't know, haven't met, never seen in person, wouldn't know him if you did see him, can get you all worked up. Funny stuff.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Just a sec, the only person here who has actually said anything about Ricco is Boogerd, who does know him. So what's the problem?

Also, you are allowed to form opinions of people you haven't met (ideally with caveats, but still). I assume that many people here have voted in elections for people they haven't actually met and got to know. If you could only have an opinion on things right in front of your face, ours would be a very small and narrow world indeed. In fact, any media would be rendered virtually pointless.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • RichN95.
    AidanR wrote:
    Just a sec, the only person here who has actually said anything about Ricco is Boogerd, who does know him. So what's the problem?

I think he's a repugnant git, so that's me too and I've never met him or even seen him except on TV.

I've also not met Bernie Madoff, Fred West, Vlad the Impaler, Darth Vader or the Bogeyman. I don't like them either. But I'm unfairly willing to go out on a limb and judge them as 'not good people'.
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Frenchfighter is who he is and that's not fine with you? You aren't able to deal with it and want him to be someone other than who he is? Sorry about your luck, Den, but I love the idea that someone you don't know, haven't met, never seen in person, wouldn't know him if you did see him, can get you all worked up. Funny stuff.

Frenchfighter gets tit for tat like everyone else. If he's going to criticize someone then he'd better be ready to take a bit of criticism himself. My opinion of him is that he's someone who thinks he knows all about all the riders simply because he's read a few books(maybe) and a bunch of Internet garbage. It then becomes his way of thinking until some other Internet blogger comes up with something that his brain decides is the New Truth. He then spouts off this New Truth as if he came up with it. Loser, big time.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Frenchfighter gets tit for tat like everyone else. If he's going to criticize someone then he'd better be ready to take a bit of criticism himself. My opinion of him is that he's someone who thinks he knows all about all the riders simply because he's read a few books(maybe) and a bunch of Internet garbage. It then becomes his way of thinking until some other Internet blogger comes up with something that his brain decides is the New Truth. He then spouts off this New Truth as if he came up with it. Loser, big time.

Oh for goodness sake, now you're just trolling.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • RichN95.
    dennisn wrote:

I don't know why anyone is picking out FrenchFighter here? I don't see how he has done anything to offend anyone. The guy's a very enthusiastic follower of cycling. I see things differently from him. He's idealistic and loves attackers, regardless of dope. I'm older and a little more pragmatic in how cycling should be ridden. We will differ on opinions, but I'd rather have a beer with him than some other posters. He seems a decent guy to me, but I've never met him. Have you?
  • psiturbo
    psiturbo Posts: 64
    Ricco is a cool guy, I read it somewhere on the internet.

Somewhere in some blog, some twitter or maybe text message.

Now I remember, I saw this fat ass girl who had a tattoo on her and it said,

"Ricco is a cool guy"
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    RichN95 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

I don't know why anyone is picking out FrenchFighter here? I don't see how he has done anything to offend anyone. The guy's a very enthusiastic follower of cycling. I see things differently from him. He's idealistic and loves attackers, regardless of dope. I'm older and a little more pragmatic in how cycling should be ridden. We will differ on opinions, but I'd rather have a beer with him than some other posters. He seems a decent guy to me, but I've never met him. Have you?

I'm with you. I don't necessarily see things from FF's perspective, but this forum would be the poorer if he didn't post here.
  • afx237vi
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Where's the whoosh parrot when you need him?
  • dennisn
    RichN95 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

I don't know why anyone is picking out FrenchFighter here? I don't see how he has done anything to offend anyone.

Go back in time a bit and read some of his previous posts. He's as big a "name caller" as I have seen on this forum. Maybe only biking bernie is worse, but he's just a troll, so I exclude him. It's expected of a troll. French fighter is simply an angry man venting on whomever he pleases.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    dennisn wrote:
    Go back in time a bit and read some of his previous posts. He's as big a "name caller" as I have seen on this forum. Maybe only biking bernie is worse, but he's just a troll, so I exclude him. It's expected of a troll. French fighter is simply an angry man venting on whomever he pleases.

He is a five year old let loose on a blackboard.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Pokerface wrote:

Maybe they felt at the time that others were doing it so if they were to compete on a level playing field they needed to too. Or perhaps just young and easily influenced by those around them.