Mobiles and cycling

13»

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    PMSL at cooldad.

Its a good job you have never exceeded a speed limit, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post as you did. I like the drunk reference. Its a common thing for road safety nutters to liken phone use with driving whilst drunk.

Whatever.

Driving with the radio on can be a distraction, if you are so easily distracted. Thinking about a problem at work or home can be a distraction.

Please lighten up.

No im with dad on this,

It's been shown it's pretty much as dangerous, the amount of people that have cut me up like complete idiots and there in the car with there phones at there ear trying to wave an apology.

As for the thread, well i wouldn't talk on my phone while cycling on the road, but also the Plod sounds like an idiot, just like this new's of the world investigation lot, and 70-80% of copppers i've ever encountered :s
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Driving whilst using a phone caues accidents, simple as. And yes, it's caused one funeral I've been too. Nearly a second one this week, too.

Riding whilst using a phone is also pretty moronic in my book, regardless of how the law can or cannot punish it.

Sounds harsh? I could suger-coat the words, but f**k it. The sentiment would be the same.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.