Chamois cream/riding commando with padded shorts

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Wearing underwear and lycra is uncomfortable when cycling and frankly unhygenic.

Hang on - unless your arse is pristine clean EVERY time you get on a bike commando, how the hell is it more hygenic?

If you have a leather pad pressing permanently against your chocolate starfish for hours, unless you are absobloodylutely certain you've got a shiny ringpiece, you're gonna have crusty claggy bits being pressed into that pad.

God help you if you do a no.2 and don't shower / bidet your rusty bullet hole to perfection before cycling... and not to get graphic here, but you're gonna have to take into account the changing... calibre of said bullet hole when sitting on a bike saddle, or there'll be recessed rectal remains just waiting to deposit themselves on the pad.

Oh, and what metrosexual bloody excuse for a man actually seriously used the term VPL for anything a bloke wears???? For God's sake man, go grow some, then you might have something v in your p.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    I guess it comes down to whether you sit in those same undies all day and then ride home in them as well.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Wearing underwear and lycra is uncomfortable when cycling and frankly unhygenic.

Hang on - unless your ars* is pristine clean EVERY time you get on a bike commando, how the hell is it more hygenic?

Direct contact to the anti-bacterial pad. Direct contact to lycra which asorbs and evaporates bacteria filled sweat.
    If you have a leather pad pressing permanently against your chocolate starfish for hours, unless you are absobloodylutely certain you've got a shiny ringpiece, you're gonna have crusty claggy bits being pressed into that pad.

And the only difference is that if you have underwear on the same is happen only to cotton, polyester or PVC.
    God help you if you do a no.2 and don't shower / bidet your rusty bullet hole to perfection before cycling... and not to get graphic here, but you're gonna have to take into account the changing... calibre of said bullet hole when sitting on a bike saddle, or there'll be recessed rectal remains just waiting to deposit themselves on the pad.

but explain to me, how is it more hygenic to wear underwear, which provides no antibacterial support and also keeps sweat in...
    For God's sake man, go grow some, then you might have something v in your p.
    I don't get it....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    Surely Ms DDD has explained VPLs to you? Visible Pant(ie) Line - i.e. when you can see someone's pants through their trousers/skirt/shorts due to the outer garment being a little snug.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• DonDaddyD
    Yeah I meant the follow on comment "V in your P".

I don't get it... it reads visible in your panties.... oh now I get it, a Linford....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    tick.....tick....tick.....CLUNK.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Kieran_Burns
    :D
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Greg T wrote:
    I use chamois cream - even on my 1 hour commute - without it I develop saddle sores...

Eurostyle Chamois Butt'r if you are interested.....

You shouldn't be getting saddle sores on rides of 1 hour, or even 3. It sounds like you've either got the wrong seat or it's set up wrong.

And as others have already said...pants should not be worn under cycling shorts.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    sampras38 wrote:
    You shouldn't be getting saddle sores on rides of 1 hour, or even 3. It sounds like you've either got the wrong seat or it's set up wrong.

Are you a dermatologist?

Marvellous - I have a rash I need you to take a look at.....
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Also shows of where you keep your budgie....
  • sampras38
    Greg T wrote:
    sampras38 wrote:

Are you a dermatologist?

Marvellous - I have a rash I need you to take a look at.....

What do you think?
  • Greg T
    sampras38 wrote:
    What do you think?

I think you are fully qualified with both data and training to diagnose my saddle sore history and treatment plan...

YOU MEAN YOU AREN'T!!!!

I'll never trust anyone on the internet again.

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    What I have learned from the thread:

a) Kieran has no buttocks
  • Kieran_Burns
    biondino wrote:

and now needs a new keyboard
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    biondino wrote:

and now needs a new keyboard
    KB, keyboards do not make good short pads.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • sampras38
    Greg T wrote:
    sampras38 wrote:
    What do you think?

I think you are fully qualified with both data and training to diagnose my saddle sore history and treatment plan...

YOU MEAN YOU AREN'T!!!!

No need to be such a tool about it.

I'm just surprised you're getting sores from such short rides, that's all.
  • Kieran_Burns
    sampras38 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    sampras38 wrote:
    What do you think?

YOU MEAN YOU AREN'T!!!!

No need to be such a tool about it.

I'm just surprised you're getting sores from such short rides, that's all.

This is a man who does not know Greg T...

(just so's you knows - nearly everything he writes is meant in the driest humour)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Though "driest" does not cover his sores. It's a shame "weeping" and "pustulent" are always considered such negative adjectives.
  • DonDaddyD
    Where does the cream go.

I'm. Being serious.

Does it go on the cheeks or the upper inner thigh - where the balls sit and just behind it?

If the latter I may have to use it, I'm a little sore/raw bought about by friction (87 miles so far this week) and still have 80miles over the rest of the week to go...

Currently using Vaseline and coco butter (to smell nice mostly) but I don't think it's enough not enough
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    I'd go for full coverage to start with - you don't want to miss a bit. Some suggest applying to the pad of the shorts.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Where does the cream go.

It goes in its skin

• vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I was cycle touring in Holland last week

Mrs Vorsprung and Vorsprung jnr are very very slow cyclists so on more than one occasion I was 7 hours in the saddle

I was wearing normal pants and non- lycra shorts. No barrier cream. Brooks B17 saddle. It was warm and dry weather. I showered every night.

I had no issues with arse sores

The only arse problems I've had recently were when wearing brand new Endura fs260 pro bib shorts, as discussed on my blog ( see linky below ). DDD, the cream goes where ever you get moist downstairs.

I think that the many Brooks miles I've put in have given me a leathery backside which is impervious to saddle sores
  • Bacteria Man
    Bacteria Man Posts: 61
    edited August 2010
    Follow me, for I am the enlightened one. I have found the perfect undergarment-it provides both padding and the sought-after scrot/thigh seperation. I tried them on my ride in to work tonight, along with Assoss biffen cream and it is riding bliss.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_E ... 360021960/
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Where does the cream go.

I'm. Being serious.

Does it go on the cheeks or the upper inner thigh - where the balls sit and just behind it?

If the latter I may have to use it, I'm a little sore/raw bought about by friction (87 miles so far this week) and still have 80miles over the rest of the week to go...

Currently using Vaseline and coco butter (to smell nice mostly) but I don't think it's enough not enough

It goes where it's rubbing which should be your sore bits.

I used to used chamois cream everyday swapping my saddle to a charge spoon as stopped me needing it yay!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD
    I think I might need a thinner saddle.

Where the thighs meet the sack. Right in there, you know the part of the womens thighs that makes that V shape and beneath either side of the rumble strip (perenium) is sore.

I now use this cream the barber gave me to stop razor bumbs. Its called 'mercy cream' and is IMO thicker than Vaseline. Seems to work for now.
    Food Chain number = 4

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Good bloody grief! My posterior must be made of leather as I've never had an issue and don't wear lycra.

Mind you, have to say that my seat seems to be very saddle specific - got the right one for me and al is korrekt.

Not sure I fancy pedalling around in a rubber bag full of grease tbh - then again? :shock:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think I might need a thinner saddle.

Where the thighs meet the sack. Right in there, you know the part of the womens thighs that makes that V shape and beneath either side of the rumble strip (perenium) is sore.

I now use this cream the barber gave me to stop razor bumbs. Its called 'mercy cream' and is IMO thicker than Vaseline. Seems to work for now.

you are a burd!! :shock:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    God no :shock:

Membership revoked. We NEVER give out that level of information, neither do we use creams made for razor bumps :shock: :shock: :roll:

K_B despite the fact you eat jp cheese and beans in the wrong fashion, you are hella funny :D:D
  • DonDaddyD
    Cafewanda wrote:
    God no :shock:

Membership revoked. We NEVER give out that level of information, neither do we use creams made for razor bumps :shock: :shock: :roll:

Mercy cream helps soothes and soften skin and treats most skin problems. It's not solely for the face but for sore or irrtated skin.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Don't care how you try and dress it up, it's shaving-related cream :D