Weak, Lethargic and Hungry -

Russell Smith
Russell Smith Posts: 229
I've read through Jon Edwards post here, http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12718432 feeling similiar.

Felt dizzy after doing the Reigate Southern Sportive , not replacing Salt in the body ??

But that soon went, I now at anytime during the day, Weak, Lethargic and Hungry, especially Hungry even after eating :roll: .

Seems to come on or during riding or just after eating, started taking Baroka tablets (havn't made any immediate difference) and have Vitamin C in waiting.

Cheers In Advance

Russ

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Speak to Barry at www.optimumnutrition4sport.com

He did me a nutrition plan that has transformed my life! (although I've not been following the last few weeks due to holidays and weddings, back to it tomorrow). You have to pay for the plan but really is well worth it.

Very illuminating...
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Maybe you need more recovery time between the longer rides and more sleep? Also make sure you are consuming enough carbs during the ride. Feeling hungry and weak suggests not enough sugars in the blood, either because you are not eating enough, have eaten too much sugar and the body is now over compensating or your body is not regulating it very well.

If you are eating enough fruit and veg you are unlikely to need vitamin supplements, especially massive doses of vit C, which are very rapidly lost from the body down the sewer.
  • "Feeling hungry and weak suggests not enough sugars in the blood"

Cheers all for the advice Im continuing with the Barroky, and the vitamin C is waiting once the Barroky is finished, if it doesn't work. Had already thought of Blood sugar.

Diabetes also runs in the family, so may treat myself to a quick test to be on the safe side.

Kind Regards

Russ
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    "Barroky"

Is this an Eastern European version of Beroca?
  • mmmm, might be Diabetes, up for a Blood/Piss test next week ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,900
    mmmm, might be Diabetes, up for a Blood/wee-wee test next week ...

Diabetes was the first thing that I thought of and the first thing I was tested for when I went to the doctor years ago with similar problems. In my case it wasn't diabetes, probably just overdoing things, but if you have a family history it's definately worth half and hour at the doctor's surgery. Are you feeling thirsty as well?