Silly Commuter Clique

2»

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Can I be in the clique?

Despite not meeting anyone or posting on the SCR thread?

I bought a road bike when I was going to buy a hybrid until you lot talked me out of it.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    Big Wib wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Oh yeah... some of you have an email....

isn't that a bit cliquey? :wink:

Whoosh?

;)

probably, dropped out the back & trying to catch up is my usual role :lol:
  • prawny wrote:
    Can I be in the clique?

I bought a road bike when I was going to buy a hybrid until you lot talked me out of it.

First you'll have to ascertain who's in the clique to let you in the clique. I hear they're a mysterious bunch.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    prawny wrote:
    Can I be in the clique?

Aren't you Tom Boonen though? In which case, you should have your own clique. With groupies.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ... Exclusive? Don't think so.. off-putting, perhaps... Some folk may find it unfriendly to read/participate in a forum where everyone seems to know everyone else.

That makes absolutely no sense and those people either need to learn what a forum is or not use the internet for social reasons.
    *sigh* but they arn't here for social reasons, they're here to find out whether they should start commuting by bike (etc)
    A forum is an online community, by definition there will be people who know each other. If you use a forum more than once chances are you will become familiar with someone, that's part of its purpose over and above the subject the forum is based around.

This concept has been around for over a decade.]

Yes, and the first email was sent nearly forty years ago, but people still get them spectacularly wrong.
    Yes, of course! D'uh!

Clever Pun says no, but maybe he means the real world.

No... he's just winding you up...
    What naysayers? Anyway, it doesn't work like that... I'm obviously "in", but I'm not part of the inner circle- never been to the Morpeth, for example. There are degrees of "in-ness". It's an online forum, not a girls school...

Well if there is a clique there has to undoubtably be naysayers. ...!

Maybe- maybe they don't say no but vote with their absence.

Cheers,
    W.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    I seem to remember DDD crying on a previous thread that he was feeling excluded from the Morpeth clique.

Can't remember which thread though, it was around the time of the legendary 'Ladies going commando' thread.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I seem to remember DDD crying on a previous thread that he was feeling excluded from the Morpeth clique.

Can't remember which thread though, it was around the time of the legendary 'Ladies going commando' thread.

I thought the only legendary thread was the SCR one? There are others?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ... Exclusive? Don't think so.. off-putting, perhaps... Some folk may find it unfriendly to read/participate in a forum where everyone seems to know everyone else.

That makes absolutely no sense and those people either need to learn what a forum is or not use the internet for social reasons.
    *sigh* but they arn't here for social reasons, they're here to find out whether they should start commuting by bike (etc)

This online forum is a social environment, a social envrionment is one which groups of people can interact with one another. Online community is another way of describing an online social environment. The topic, commuting, is the basis and core of the types of discussion. It doesn't stop it from being a social environment.

You really do read all my posts.....

One of my weaker moments. They're all fine, some are closer to each other than others but that's to be expected. I want Greg66 to bring that lady friend he was with when I passed him along Chancery Lane... jesus wept....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355

You really do read all my posts.....

One of my weaker moments. They're all fine, some are closer to each other than others but that's to be expected. I want Greg66 to bring that lady friend he was with when I passed him along Chancery Lane... jesus wept....[/quote]

I do

God help me, but I do.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,182
    Do you lot know nothing?? The first rule of Clique Club is that you DO NOT talk about Clique Club.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    rjsterry wrote:
    PM Spen, I'm sure he can get you going.:wink:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is now the time that DDD & I should confess that actually we are: -
    a) lovers OR
    b) best friends OR
    c) one and the same person
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Oh.

Note to self: read posts back before clicking Submit.

Actually the thought had occurred - one of those can't stand each other, but can't stand to be without one another couples. :P

If c) then that's some serious work you've put into the back story.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition