Power Balance bands

2»

Comments

• bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Sadly WMB says "We've been wearing Power Balance Holographic wristbands for a fortnight and are 50/50 on whether we sense any hard beneficial effects, but Gary Fisher pro rider Willow Koerber swears by hers".

Personally I expected much better... where does this fit into 'Relevant; Comprehensive; Independent; Accurate"?

Utter rubbish.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • I am sure Wiggo swears by (or should that be at) the effect they had on him during the TDF this year!
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • The hologram on the band certainly works to resonate hologram credit cards out of wallets.
  • being investigated by italian authorities now as well as Australia

http://theinnerring.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ation.html
  • I am sure Wiggo swears by (or should that be at) the effect they had on him during the TDF this year!
    :D
  • kooky45 wrote:
    The hologram on the band certainly works to resonate hologram credit cards out of wallets.
    :lol:
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    I've got one, it's great. Obv it doesn't do anything, but the sheer joy of deadpanning anyone who points this out is worth it.
  • My colleagues and I love this kind of snake oil! Have you seen this one which Team Liquigas are using?
    http://www.foot-steps.uk.com/product/7062270/40/
  • Perhaps they're recycled razor blade sharpening pyramids?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • andyxm
    andyxm Posts: 132
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    Sadly WMB says "We've been wearing Power Balance Holographic wristbands for a fortnight and are 50/50 on whether we sense any hard beneficial effects, but Gary Fisher pro rider Willow Koerber swears by hers".

Personally I expected much better... where does this fit into 'Relevant; Comprehensive; Independent; Accurate"?

Utter rubbish.

I was initially a bit sceptical, but now I know that someone called Willow swears by it I am sold, I'll have one for each limb.
  • edeverett
    edeverett Posts: 224
    PowerBalance admits their wristbands are a scam.

http://gizmodo.com/5723577/
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    After dismissing this nonsense in its early stages of developing a reputation amongst sports people across a range of disciplines, it's disheartening that it's taken this ruling for people to wake up to the deception.
    Powerband bracelet proved to be 'no better for you than a rubber band.' They had me and 2 and a half million others sold on their story!
    Wed Jan 05 2011 16:28:21 (GMT Standard Time) via Twitter for iPhone

That was England cricketer Stuart Broad's response to the news. Thinking it was a bit of sarcasm on his part, I was surprised to read in a BBC article earlier on that they've proven quite popular amongst other members of the England cricket team. Never mind a world-class spinner, this must be where the Aussies missed a trick.

Hopefully they'll ditch this crap for the passing trend that it is, and science can then begrudgingly welcome the arrival of the next product that will turn you into the force of nature that your rivals can only aspire to become.. until they've got a spare £40.