Power Balance bands

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2011 in Pro race
As worn by Petacchi / Wiggins etc

http://theinnerring.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ation.html

Under investigation in Italy. Italy is an advanced society where ripping off mugs is illegal :wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Here in the States those things seem to be all over the television. Race car drivers, runners, people with arthritis, golfers, etc., etc., all offering PAID testament to the wonders of these things. I'm going to bring out my own brand of "triathelete specific"
    ones. Should sell for upwards of $100.00 USD apiece.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The wheels of Italian justice can turn very slowly. Maybe if the investigator wears one, he'll come to a decision faster? :wink:
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    On the Q&A section on wiggle, someone asks for evidence and Wiggle Customer Services actually reply.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Power ... 360050661/
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    On the Q&A section on wiggle, someone asks for evidence and Wiggle Customer Services actually reply.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Power ... 360050661/

£30! When we were talking about these during the TDF, I just automatically assumed they cost about £2.50 or something like that :o

You know what they say about a fool and their money...
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    £30!!?? Yikes. At least my yellow Livestrong band only cost me £1. Gives me the same effect too. (None)
  • The Netherlands wore some sort of wrist bands during the World Cup as well.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    The Netherlands wore some sort of wrist bands during the World Cup as well.

They were charm bracelets, worn to ward off the evil presence of van Bommel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Saw someone wearing one of these at a BBQ yesterday, but just assumed it was a watch.

Endorsement marketing to people prepared to pay for a competitive advantage is nothing new.

Celebs > Scientists nowadays anyway, so why let the data get in the way of being a little bit more like Shaq?
  • I wear a Trion-Z now and again...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    I wear a Trion-Z now and again...

I'll be wearing my lucky socks on Sunday. Well I don't actually have any, but if I did I would.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    These guys had a stand at the London Marathon expo, I asked one of their reps how they worked, and his detailed, scientific answer was "trust me, it just does".
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If only I had one, it could then help me whether to decide to buy one or not.
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:

I knew it. Scientists refusing to accept alternative medicine.

People's personal experiences tell them these work. That's worth more than any scientifically "evidence"

Can you pass the vitamin water please?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

I knew it. Scientists refusing to accept alternative medicine.

People's personal experiences tell them these work. That's worth more than any scientifically "evidence"

Can you pass the vitamin water please?

Sorry, I'm just on the way out the door - appointment with my crystal healer.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:

Reminds me, I'm nearly out of homeopathic maralia beans. I don't want to end up like Chezza Tweedy.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:
    Reminds me, I'm nearly out of homeopathic maralia beans. I don't want to end up like Chezza Tweedy.

Are you a Pisces? They're usually quite resistant to malaria.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

What has sexuality got to do with malaria beans?
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    "I don't know how it does what it does," said Odom, who turned Lakers Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar onto the bands. "But wearing it helps my agility and has kept me from falling to the floor as much as I used to. I feel more energy and flexibility. So every game, I wear Power Balance."

:lol:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Aaah its the power of the Holograms you dunderheads. Cant you see just how that can help your agility and balance ?
  • iainf72
    Moronic cyclists now being specifically targetted

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/32899/Moore ... er-Balance
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    "From the moment we tested Power Balance we realised the benefits it could offer cyclists"

I don't suppose there is any chance we could see the results of this test?

I'm currently involved in an exciting new development which will utilise the power of angels , harnessed by a network of unobtanium conductor rods. This new Conductor Rod- Angel Power (CRAP) technology will be licensed to a variety of cycling manufacturers. Assos are hoping to integrate this into their 2011 range of bibs. As you blast past your opposiiton, everyone will know you've got CRAP in your shorts.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    See the happy moron
    Who wore a power band
    I wish I were a moron
    My god, perhaps I am
  • You can mock homeopathy all you want. My homeopathic sandwiches have helped me hugely as part of my weight loss regime!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    LangerDan wrote:
    I'm currently involved in an exciting new development which will utilise the power of angels
    They work for this guy

Cancellara_Fabian_pr10angel.jpg
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Bronzie wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:
    I'm currently involved in an exciting new development which will utilise the power of angels
    They work for this guy

Cancellara_Fabian_pr10angel.jpg

Is that a Ni-Cad or a Li -ion angel?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • They should bring back the huge ones that Gilberto Simoni used to wear.

Benix they were called.
  • not such good news for them.

I will stop pointing mine at the snow and hoping it melts it now.