What if Lance Armstrong was....

2»

Comments

• deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    dennisn wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why would you want him to disappear. You're on this forum talking about him a lot. I assume this is because of some facination with him. Yet if he "went away" for 3 or 4 years with no real news wouldn't you(everyone) be losing their main source of entertainment?
    I didn't miss Riis or Ullrich went they moved on but my regret was they were never caught and armstrong is in that category (err Liars that is)
    The interest now is the same as Capone or any other Celebrity being put to the sword.

B. Bernie has the quote on the bottom of every post and that is the challenge that I hope Novitsky (with much more money and power) can nail the Bastard.
    (I put an aterisk in that word but in fact he is a Bastard according to the ENGLISH Language)

With fingers crossed and he is proved to have lied or used the government money against the law and becomes a convicted FRAUD, Great.

His value to the media and me will be just how much discomfort he is in with a lose of interest if he survives that test with his Halo gone.

Now about the Vuelta, do we know who is riding yet.????

Oh hell cajun don't put them together as one (the Italian) had class and the other had more second places than wins. (In Europe that is)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    deejay wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why would you want him to disappear. You're on this forum talking about him a lot. I assume this is because of some facination with him. Yet if he "went away" for 3 or 4 years with no real news wouldn't you(everyone) be losing their main source of entertainment?
    I didn't miss Riis or Ullrich went they moved on but my regret was they were never caught and armstrong is in that category (err Liars that is)
    The interest now is the same as Capone or any other Celebrity being put to the sword.

B. Bernie has the quote on the bottom of every post and that is the challenge that I hope Novitsky (with much more money and power) can nail the Bastard.
    (I put an aterisk in that word but in fact he is a Bastard according to the ENGLISH Language)

With fingers crossed and he is proved to have lied or used the government money against the law and becomes a convicted FRAUD, Great.

His value to the media and me will be just how much discomfort he is in with a lose of interest if he survives that test with his Halo gone.

Now about the Vuelta, do we know who is riding yet.????

You really are full of pent up hate and vitriol arent you.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Moray Gub wrote:

You really are full of pent up hate and vitriol arent you.
    Oh I don't know but as long as it keeps you happy I shall keep going.
    I'm glad you enjoy my posts, thanks.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • 22-48
    22-48 Posts: 48
    He would have died in 1996 apart fro Giro playing extreme hard ball with their medical insurers, basically threatening to shift the company's account if they would not pay for Armstrong's treatment - see 'It's Not About The Bike' for details.

I think you will find that it was Oakley and not Giro
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    mandie wrote:
    He would] have died in 1996 due to his treatment not being available on the French socialized healthcare system
    I suspect that the treatment would have been available on the French Healthcare system, possibly not on the NHS at that time because the Tories were still in power then

Cnuts!
  • mandie wrote:
    He would have died in 1996 apart fro Giro playing extreme hard ball with their medical insurers, basically threatening to shift the company's account if they would not pay for Armstrong's treatment - see 'It's Not About The Bike' for details.
    Can you cite a more reliable source? :wink:

Oakley not Giro, confirmed by someone at Oakley as well as other sources such as Cycle Sport.
  • The Jack
    The Jack Posts: 52
    If Lance was French he would be considered a great personality and a loveable curmudgeon. If Lance was French and a seven time winner of TdF he would be God.
    "Wo ist mein Fahrrad?"

-Ralf Hutter of Kraftwerk waking up from a coma after a crashing with his bicycle-
  • What if Lance had red hair and a furry red beard?

Touched on too above, I believe there were "National" teams in the TdF, a bit similar to a USPS team.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    What if Lance had red hair and a furry red beard?

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement ... 25853.html

It's him :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'