Iphone 4 holder

2»

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    5parky wrote:
    Some interesting replies there, lmao.

The RAM holder looks ok but probably a little fragile for the task, I'll be doing road/off road so I have a feeling that the unit will pop out.

I usually have my iphone in my Camel, so however and where placed there's the potential for damage if I have an unscheduled dismount, but what I don't want is it to pop out so i'll be needing with some sort of dampering.

The search continues....................

The RAM mount is sprung loaded into the bar fixing so has a certain amount of damping. The phone simply cannot come out from riding over bumps/logs/steps, I was doubtful at first but it is very secure. If you crash, who knows.

RAM make FAA/CAA approved GPS mounts and are considered the best there is.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you find.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    PMSL at this thread.

I'd just like to clarify a couple of things... I am not Gordon Gecko and am in brickwork rather than international corporate finance. Second, anyone riding round a trail centre with a phone on their bars should be badly beaten. Third,the idea that any HTC (I have had 2) could ever be better than the iPhone really made me chuckle. Thanks.

Apple MUG! :) Read the reviews.... For a start the tariffs are for utter mugs, you have to jailbreak.... makes me laugh :)
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    cee wrote:
    scotto wrote:

you sound like a genius you are lost but you do not need a gps or a map to find your way back, if that is the case then you are in fact not lost at all because you obviously knew the way back :-)

no...its easy....you simply turn around and go back the way you came...you do know the way...you have just come that way! Follow the tyre prints?

still never been that lost.

Not the sharpest tool! Say you have done a 30 mile ride of which 35 makes the loop........DUH!
    Agree though, should be able to read a map AND have a map as well as any GPS kit. GPS for ease, speed, showing off?, logging data (crucial for me) if that is what you are after.
  • 5parky
    5parky Posts: 49
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    5parky wrote:
    Some interesting replies there, lmao.

The RAM holder looks ok but probably a little fragile for the task, I'll be doing road/off road so I have a feeling that the unit will pop out.

I usually have my iphone in my Camel, so however and where placed there's the potential for damage if I have an unscheduled dismount, but what I don't want is it to pop out so i'll be needing with some sort of dampering.

The search continues....................

The RAM mount is sprung loaded into the bar fixing so has a certain amount of damping. The phone simply cannot come out from riding over bumps/logs/steps, I was doubtful at first but it is very secure. If you crash, who knows.

RAM make FAA/CAA approved GPS mounts and are considered the best there is.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you find.

I'll probably have a look at the RAM and see how I go, or not as the case may be.
  • aneesh99
    aneesh99 Posts: 67
    Mr Wu wrote:
    I'm guessing that whichever bafoon has this clipped to their handlebars will also have one of those Bluetooth things hanging out the ear too.

Nice.

+1 Epic :)

I had an iPhone at one point. Riding some downhill at Cwm Carn when I noticed my leg was getting a bit damp for some reason. Promptly dug my hands into my pockets to find the screen had cracked to kingdom come, with a major liquid crystal spillage situation. Just get a cycle GPS system or something.
    09 Iron Horse 6Point4
    05 Kona King Kikapu
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    Im amazed at the number of idiots who havnt been able to either type a constructive reply or just ignore this thread!!

The point about potentially breaking the phone has been made, there is no need to keep repeating it! ffs!!
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    TowerRider wrote:
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    PMSL at this thread.

I'd just like to clarify a couple of things... I am not Gordon Gecko and am in brickwork rather than international corporate finance. Second, anyone riding round a trail centre with a phone on their bars should be badly beaten. Third,the idea that any HTC (I have had 2) could ever be better than the iPhone really made me chuckle. Thanks.

Apple MUG! :) Read the reviews.... For a start the tariffs are for utter mugs, you have to jailbreak.... makes me laugh :)

What do I care about tariffs, my company pay the bills.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    I've got a 32GB iPhone 4 which would cost £999.99 to replace if I broke it (I didnt pay for insurance) so the last thing I'd do is stick the thing onto my bike.

I do however, carry it in the phone pocket of my camelbak (and for a year before, put my iPhone 3G in the same pocket) while doing XC, Freeride and DH (in sun, rain and snow) and i've never damaged a phone yet (touch wood).

I sometimes load up Trails (iPhone app) to track routes but this works fine while still in the camelbak.

If you need/want to see realtime read-outs then just spend 100 quid on a garmin forerunner or something simalar which is designed to fit on your wrist, is waterproof and wont break if you take a fall.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • I purchased iPhone 4 holder for my road and MTB from http://www.pro-bike.co.uk/bike-holders- ... nd-3g.html it works really well. I believe it also fits all the iPhone models, a little pricey but it seems to be the best holder out there as I've tried many. Its weatherproof the iPhone fits very neat in the silicone holder, it still has the openings for the headphone jack etc. I use it for GPS and speed tests etc as there are so many good iPhone apps out there, you can also use it when the cover is closed. If you are after a good iPhone holder to put on you bike I would definately recommend this one
  • spooon
    spooon Posts: 2
    #Sp.