If you had 1 month tax free - wishful thinking

2»

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    had 8 years of not paying tax; makes no difference, the money still disappears.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    DDD, if I take two beans, and add these three beans, how many beans do I have?

Oooh! Oooh! Me! I know that! Some beans! \o/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • gbsahne wrote:
    had 8 years of not paying tax; makes no difference, the money still disappears.

How did you manage that?

Because if the answer's 'I lived in Dubai' then, like, duh.

:P
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think he means if you had one months gross salary to spend. I couln't buy anywhere near that many mars bars with what I get taxed.

This!

Sorry for the confusion.
    I still make that lot over £4k, unless I've missed something on the bargains thread..

So you assume I earn less than £4k gross salary. Why?

That seems awfully presumptuous of you.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I'd buy a Such "Is Life". If they were in production, that is. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Agent57 wrote:
    I'd buy a Such "Is Life". If they were in production, that is. :D

That's what I want, but it depends how much they are and if they come in a geometry / size that suits me (I'm an odd shape), hence I'm looking at getting a Civica Bryant Alfine from the US as an alternative. Same configuration / set-up just with a steel frame instead of Ti.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I still make that lot over £4k, unless I've missed something on the bargains thread..

Fewer beans than DDD?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • I don't think I'd buy a bike, I think I'd be more likely to buy ferry tickets somewhere and take the rest as cold hard cash for lovely food while on a cycle tour. Or maybe a kayak.

But if I HAD to buy a bike, it'd be a 'bent.

I really want one of those.
  • dhope

'bent?
    Recumbent?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Funnily enough (given the folder talk), I'm really starting to like the look of Moultons so might be tempted to spend my £X thousand extra month's salary on that (where X is a real number between zero and infinity rather than a Roman numeral).

And that increasing fondness for Moultons worries me - an awful lot of amoney (the most expensive one is £14k!) for a bike which looks like a folder but doesn't have the practical advantage of actually being able to fold. WTF?

I saw a youtube clip of some Japanese guy riding one of the drop bar touring versions - looked surprisingly good.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • dhope wrote:

'bent?
    Recumbent?

Oh, yes, sorry. A Recumbent.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    How did you manage that?

Because if the answer's 'I lived in Dubai' then, like, duh.

:P

being of no fixed abode
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I don't think I'd buy a bike, I think I'd be more likely to buy ferry tickets somewhere and take the rest as cold hard cash for lovely food while on a cycle tour. Or maybe a kayak.

You don know how much racing kayaks don't cost don't you? I sold mine about 3 weeks ago for £150 with paddles. It was an old design but solid enough. The reg changed a few years ago so there will be a load of the old spec boats going cheap.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    I don't think I'd buy a bike, I think I'd be more likely to buy ferry tickets somewhere and take the rest as cold hard cash for lovely food while on a cycle tour. Or maybe a kayak.

You don know how much racing kayaks don't cost don't you? I sold mine about 3 weeks ago for £150 with paddles. It was an old design but solid enough. The reg changed a few years ago so there will be a load of the old spec boats going cheap.

I don't think I want a racing one, I think I'd like a touring one... but hey if they're £150 I'll take a racing one too!
  • dhope
    prawny wrote:

CanoeBike_3.jpg
    Silly Canoe Racing?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Tourers seem more expensive.

I found this one

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/PAA4837

Racing is way cool though.

That up there is the worlds most awesomest pedalo ever! :shock:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    the pedalling action is more effective than any of the water based movements in terms of speed, so interestingly, it is theoretically possible to build a pedalo with a couple of hydroplanes that can keep the hull completely out of the water :shock:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Now that would be a commute: up to Putney, down the slipway and along the Thames, skimming past all the land-based SCR'ers on the Embankment with a cheery "Morning!".

EDIT: Obviously, I'm imagining some sort of foldaway wheels for the on-road bit.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015

Me too!

No wait, I did that one already :)