Superstar Components

13»

Comments

• lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    Supestar is ace, i try to spread the word, so much nice bling on the website :D

next to get some lime green grips and a zero stack headset !

one thing missing is a QR seatpost collars?
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    lesz42 wrote:
    next to get some lime green grips

one thing missing is a QR seatpost collars?

I have the Lime Green grips and green lockrings and caps they are great very very bright green deffo not for the stealth bike look.

I agree there is a serious lack of spangly QR seatpost clamps. I have a Hope one and its a bit dull and lacking in the Superstar twinkle.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Just had a second pair or organic pads arrive when I ordered Sintered - this is twice in a week they have done this and I wanted new pads for this weekend... grrr

What do I have to do to get them to send Sintered?
  • I have been trying to getting in touch with Superstar for five days and have had no luck.

No delivery so far, dont even know if there is something missing for them to send my parcel. I suspect they missunderstood my order of magic coins for the extra package cost for Sweden.

So im still waiting to see if the wheels are as good as they look on the web page.

I know im sounding like a whiner but this is my first dealing with this company. Before stumbling upon this thread I even thought that i´ve ripped off by some dodgy non-existing company.

/Göran
    Sweden
  • Hello sorry for any slowdown in service at the moment, some of us are at Eurobike to organise new ranges and keep the cool stuff coming. Unfortuantely this has slowed down replies to emails a little as there are less hands manning the deck in the office. We will be back to normal next week, once we are all home.

QR seatclamps are just going through QC at the moment, and will arrive in a week or two, 4 colours to start but more on the next order. 2 models, one like the superfly lever and the second with an easy to use big lever.

We are working on chainrings at the moment and we will let you know on facebook etc once they are ready.

The SuperHD BB is a completely different concept and construction to most BBs, so you cannot really compare it to a hope lets say. The bearings are designed to be dismantled and cleaned/regreased for longer lifespan. They are not just basic cartridges which everyone else uses. Our new basic BB is now in production so a cheaper version will be available soon, which has several technical features for make it almost as durable as the SuperHD version.

Goran, because our pro wheelbuiilder is at Eurobike the wheels have been delayed till he gets back. The scandium wheels need skill to build well, and get a lot of care in production. The office said they are laced and just awaiting the wheelbuilder to finish them and get them out to you. Ill email you once i'm home and let you know when they finish production, and when they have been despatched. If you have any questions just drop me a PM on here or contact@superstarcomponents.com.

Hope this helps, Neil (Superstar)
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Neil like the look of the HD Bottom bracket will you be selling spare seals and rollers for it
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • float
    float Posts: 16
    ordered a shimano bb tool 3pm on friday. woke this morning to a package lying in the hall :shock: . tool is very good quality and postage was unbelievable. defo be using superstar again :D

also, i got haribos 8)
  • jasonj wrote:
    Just got my custom wheels from superstar , red hubs on sapim race spokes with red rims , I know , very bling ! they look awsome on my hardtail (ragley blue pig , orange frame) everything else is red , and compared to what I paid for these wheels also overpriced .... or are superstar the saviours of all things magical without ripping us off .

Any chance of a photo of these wheels on the bike?