Superstar Components

snips50
snips50 Posts: 58
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Ello All,

Has anyone tried to contact Superstar lately? As I've left messages on their phone and sent emails but no-one has got back to me!

Ta
Jim

Comments

• TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    snips50 wrote:
    Ello All,

Has anyone tried to contact Superstar lately? As I've left messages on their phone and sent emails but no-one has got back to me!

Ta
    Jim

There is a guy who posts on here (try searching your own subject) and he appears to provide excellent customer service. No doubt he will post in here BUT I would guess there huge order has arrived and they are fulfilling existing orders and making up wheels?
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    In my experience it takes day or two for a email response. The customer service is usually good but takes a while to get it.
  • snips50
    Gutted,

Just ordered a new wheelset went for the Gold rims and I'm now thinking that they might be a bit toooo bling so want to change them to the White ones.
    I hope they pick up my email before they build them....
  • snips50
    Blimey,

This site is good.
    Just got an email from Dave, saying that he's passed on all the info to the wheel builders.
    Panic over! :D

I'm now going to go and clean my machine in prep for the new wheels, :lol:

Jim
  • As you have noticed we are hella busy at the moment. Just got 3 deliveries all arrive in one go so please bear with us. Best way of getting in contact is email, as we read them all even if we dont reply immediately.

But we do have lots of nice new things on the wesite now!

Your wheels are being built now and hopefully you will get them tomorrow.

Neil (superstar)
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Superstar are the dogs do da's :D
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • thedirge
    thedirge Posts: 181
    The simple fact that you post on this website and help your customers is making want to buy all of your toys!!!!

I'm off to your site now, why can I hear my credit card shouting at me?
    Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    That and the 5 year warranty on the HD bottom bracket. Since I seem to kill them quickly I'm quite tempted to splash out on one if they're that confident that it'll last.
  • Ordered my Headset and custom grips on Monday evening, arrived this morning. I will be checking on the haribo status when I arrive home :wink:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i got a reply to a question after about a day
  • mattbarnes
    mattbarnes Posts: 295
    Just got 3 deliveries all arrive in one go

Do these include the elusive floating rotors?
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    where was my haribo with my last order (ok so it was only a 30 quid bb but seriously, where were they??)
  • Sheepsteeth, I got Haribos with a pair of £8 grips!
    Delish they were too.
  • Sheepsteeth, I got Haribos with a pair of £8 grips!
    Delish they were too.
    if you order everything seperately...

ie I bought grips + pedals seperately...

I got a packet of haribo in each parcel and they turned up on the same day :D
  • Anonymous
    Sheepsteeth, I got Haribos with a pair of £8 grips!
    Delish they were too.
    if you order everything seperately...

ie I bought grips + pedals seperately...

I got a packet of haribo in each parcel and they turned up on the same day :D

in that case they are a load of shiesters and i will never order from them again.

well,

i will but you know what i mean.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    where was my haribo with my last order (ok so it was only a 30 quid bb but seriously, where were they??)

I got supermix with my last order. Not merely haribo but the king of haribo.

And also something else cool which they said "shhh" about but was a very nice touch and impressed me greatly- cheers guys!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:

I got supermix with my last order. Not merely haribo but the king of haribo.

And also something else cool which they said "shhh" about but was a very nice touch and impressed me greatly- cheers guys!

Lime and string?
  • in that case they are a load of shiesters and i will never order from them again.

Sheeps, I have a stick of Blackpool rock from my bro in law's stag night in February you can have if you like?
  • Anonymous
    awww, man, joe you are the real superstar.
  • Anonymous
    I like what you did there. Are you in marketing?

i should be!!
  • I placed my first order with them this afternoon for some bits for my new bike - got a 'package dispatched' email within about an hour of my order. Impressed so far!

Would also be interested in finding out when the floating rotors might appear...
    '03 Specialized HR Comp
    '10 Cube LTD Team
    '10 Boardman FS Team - gone but not forgotten!
    '11 Giant Anthem X4
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    FLOATING ROTORS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Yes, rotors made from solid Unobtainium, that react to sunlight giving them buoyancy at room temperature.
    If it's too sunny outside you actually have to tie the bike down!
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Are they real floaters though like Hope and Formula or just mounted on an alloy spider like Avid
  • Floating rotors, now theres a good question. we had finished samples and then we decided to go back to the drawing board because like certain competitors they fouled big callipers like saint and code. So we will be aiming to get them in production in a few weeks and on sale in a few months, if all goes well. Propper floaters on buttons no less, will fit everything and superstar prices. Lots of colours too.....

160mm and 180mm to start and 203 will follow once it has passed the relavent tests.

Neil (superstar)

(at work at silly oclock building wheels still!)

• Neil (superstar)

(at work at silly oclock building wheels still!)

You really are a superstar! :oops:

On an unrelated note - any idea if you will be getting some black grande bambino headsets in stock at any time soon?
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • shieldsy94
    shieldsy94 Posts: 342
    Ive always had good products from superstar, my grips have worn now (after a year) So will buy again. My headset, although it couldnt clamp the star nut at first is great. Its as good as a chris king :shock:
  • chuckd
    chuckd Posts: 105
    Ordered some grips on Tuesday and they arrived on Wednesday, can't get much better than that.
  • snips50
    Hi All,

Here is a pic of my bike with my new rims on from superstar. I've put Hutchingson Enduros on as i do a lot of riding around Woburn, of course the first time i tried them was after we had quite a lot of rain. Needless to say they were a bit sketchy!

I must say that Superstar have been on the ball sorting my rims out, especially when I changed the rim colour half way through the wheel build, sorry :shock: !

I think i need some white cranks and maybe gold pedals?

IMG00053-20100815-1412.jpg