Endura clothing quality - not as good as it was

2»

Comments

• neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    Typical - having said that my kit was holding up, got back from a ride last night to find the crotch seam of my MT 500 baggies was coming apart.
  • BG2000
    BG2000 Posts: 517
    I've got Endura clothing from 18 years ago, and also their latest stuff - can't see any difference, i.e. it seems just as good.

However, I have bought a couple of Endura items recently that were rubbish. Their road neoprene overshoes - the zip is pathetic and way too weak to cope with the stresses of overshoes, it used to just pop open all the time on both shoes. I just got my money back for that. I also purchased some of their 'reactive' sunglasses, but they're rubbish, and don't get darker at all with light. I should have just stuck to cheap clear glasses for night riding.
  • I had one pair of Humvee shorts and the zipper broke on the 3rd ride. Took them back and had them replaced only to have the same thing happen again. I've also had similar stories from friends.

I gave up and switched to Gore for clothing - more expensive, but they last a hell of a lot longer.

Had much more success with Endura gloves. I still have a pair of Endura gloves that in 2005 though! - most comfortable pair of gloves I've ever had.
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    I gave up and switched to Gore for clothing - more expensive, but they last a hell of a lot longer.

Had much more success with Endura gloves. I still have a pair of Endura gloves that in 2005 though! - most comfortable pair of gloves I've ever had.

Agree with all that. I used to avoid Gore, simply because most of it had a scary price tag attached. However, having recently bought quite a few Gore products, the quality is much better than the llikes of Endura, IMO. In this case, 'you get what you pay for' definitely applies.

Agree with the Endura gloves too - awesome kit. I still use my first pair of Endura (Equinox) gloves I bought, which are around 4 years old and still going strong. I have a couple of other pairs too which are also great.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • rob0070
    rob0070 Posts: 60
    In my time I have noticed that Endura clothing is way below the sizes they quote.
    I am 6' 3 and need XXL trousers etc they are cut so fine that it leaves no room for leg movement. Pedaling being one movement required !!!!
    They must be saving a fortune on materials over the months, anyway cyclists dont have large strong thighs do they ?????