PFC usage

2»

Comments

• maxie2go
    maxie2go Posts: 10
    I try not to acknowledge that I am losing my vision even when it is as bad as it is. At time I even mangae to forget it. Or that i'm constantly leaning in to read anything other than large print. I have setting for disabled, I just try an ignore them. I do so thank you for caring enough to offer me help. I appreciate it. If I need to take down the color I will. Most of the net is in b/w so I can just continue to squint and magnify. My retina spec says I'm still decent for stage 4.

Gotta go try and find if The Missile won today. Sad to see my home state boy Big george hincapie crashed out in Tout of OOOH-TAH
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Tusher wrote:
    But these forumites are mostly elderly and boring types. Many of them actually live in retirement homes, where their exhausted relatives have been forced to dump them, You may excite them too much, and then they will be unable to sip their cocoa this evening.
    Maxie fits this profile nicely.

I think eating too many Mc Donalds could be the problem. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • maxie2go
    [size] ^^^ People like you is what's wrong with the world. I sincerely hope no other sole gives credit to your post. If you don't know me please don't ASSume anything about me. I assure you your assumptions would be wrong.

Prayerfully I won't ever have to post to you again. Surely not to this matter.
    [/size]
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    (looks very sheepishly at maxie whilst chewing cardigan hem)

Oh dear, I am very sorry. Please accept this cyber chocolate cake as a welcome and apology gift.
    I am very close to my father-in-law who grew blind when he retired, although he copes far better than I would have, and it is a terrible condition certainly.

Do you listen to the many podcasts available?

PS I stand by my observation about the retirement homes though.
  • maxie2go
    Paolo Bettini is close to naming the 9 riders that will make up his first ever national team for the Elite men's road race in Melbourne. Un fortunately, Mark Cavendish probably won't be selected for that team. :(

Opting for "Attackers" over "Sprinter" he feels since only two riders from HTC-Columbia will be on the Squad The Manx Missile won't have his lead out train.

Okay, did I miss something during Tour De France. When did Cav lose Renshaw and how many sprints did he win anyway? What's really going on here?

Did Bettini forget that this is not HTC-Columbia's race or team, it's his. My goodness! Every man on that team, and I'm sure he has men capable of leading Cav out, should be riding for the team. If Cav is the best sprinter, then the TEAM , even Ale-Jet, should be launching him.

**As a side note* I came into this site to post about cycling events, not to trade barbs about the members. Whatever the composition of your members, you should be thanking them not deriding them. I will not reply to another post about what you guys think of your members, And none of you know a rat's rump about me. Quite frankly about none of us online. That's the beauty of cyberspace.

BR Forum your HTML Tags or Codes aren't set right. Or, perhaps you set it that way on purpose. Maybe it's my browser...meh...
  • Is the font that big because you are being shouty?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Have I wandered into an alternate universe?

Strava is not Zen.
  • The following link is to a story about a complaint from Mark "the Manx Missile" Cavendish as he races to Spain in the Vuelta. http://bit.ly/daFoiX What do you think? Should Mark just race his race or should we jump all over him?

Mark currently wears the GREEN JERSEY at the Vuelta and has won two stages midway the race.

As for me, Mark, people conspire. Is called teamwork even if it's opposite team members doing the deed. When people can't beat you honestly they conspire to do it any way they can. I'm surprised Mark is just bringing this up. I would think there have been conspiracies against him since he won all those stage two TDF ago.

Who knows, maybe I would conspire against him if I were a racer also. I'm mean come on, the guy is super fast and to beat him out right he has to be having a really bad day. Even without his lauching pads, Renshaw or Eisel, he still wins.

So Cav, don't sweat it, just do you. God will do the rest. Remember. "WINNERS NEVER CHEAT, AND CHEATERS NEVER WIN." Enjoy the ride to Spain.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm lost ? Cav not riding for italy ? shocker !
  • Hienz Verbruggen in 1999

"Most blood tests on this Tour have found riders' haematocrit levels at between 48 and 49 per cent [the upper limit is 50 per cent]. This is very encouraging. The Tour is almost clean, and the team managers have got the same impression.

48/49 % in a stage race ? He's talking bollocks and he knew it. The UCI is shyte and corrupt as hell.

After Mctwats recent rants - no-one respects him anymore....................