Am I forgiven?

2»

Comments

• weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    Dubzy wrote:
    weescott wrote:
    It's a thing a lot of yoooth do to call someone or something "gay" meaning it is bad. There is a South Park Episode which sums it up perfectly where Cartman calls some bikers "fags", the gay community are outraged but Cartman says the gay community are not fags, the bikers are.

I'm aware of the Yoof "gay"terminology, having worked as a Youth Club leader for many years. Ignorance and poor social behaviour is rife amongst teenagers we should be confronting this, not copying it.

And as for South Park.............. a programme designed my morons for morons.

Talking of TV - enjoyed the re-showing of the 2008 MTB season on Channel 419 Extreme on Sky recently.

OK Scout Master :lol:
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    weescott wrote:
    [

OK Scout Master :lol:

Yeah, fair point. On reading back my post I do come over a bit Scout Masterish - sorry for that. :cry:
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • Cj83
    Cj83 Posts: 58
    Spent 5 days in Melbourne (Brighton Beach) and there were roadies everywhere. It's a great ride along the coast so I understand why there were so many, but I then found myself looking in a couple of bike shops at road bikes! :?

Shall I go and get my coat?

i used to live there and understand your predicament, that literally has to be the most ideal stretch of coastline in the world if your a roadie... and like you say there are many of them flying up and down.... they seem like they are enjoying themselves and yes there is an urge to participate...

iboughtaroadbikewhenigothome :!:
  • Shaggy_Dog
    Shaggy_Dog Posts: 688
    Nothing wrong with a road bike, or riding one for that matter, just don't get yourself a fixie...
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?
  • Hmm, I've got several roadbikes, current and vintage, a Scott Scale RC and a Trek Fuel EX ... and *gasp* *shock* *horror* ... 2 fixies. What does that make me?

I usually tell my cycling buddies, "I'm a slut, I'll ride anything."
  • Shaggy_Dog
    Shaggy_Dog Posts: 688
    Depends if they have 2 brakes and drop bars or not. Riding fixed is fine, quite nice on flat roads actually. Taking either of the brakes off and fitting narrow risers, flats or bullhorn bars makes you a cock.
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?