jonginge Posts: 5,945
    muttermutterlogicalmutternobuggergotthejokemutter
    Joke? GSOH? Nah, that's illogical, cap'n
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Check that his hygiene is above average...cycle in, shorts off, wash...cycle home, shorts off, wash etc. As simple as it sounds, if I sit around in sweaty shorts for any length of time I get spots in my groin, you could also call them lumps I suppose. After washing get him to clean the area with surgical spirit, this will ultra clean and harden the skin (not to the feel!) so that he is less prone to infection in the future.

My cleaning routine on the undercarriage is maybe a bit over the top, but I do lots of miles, and I never have problems now.
    Cripey, don't your co-workers mind you doing this at the desk every morning? :shock:
    They sound remarkably tolerant where you work!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    He's not been sitting on one of his testicles has he? :? :wink:

muttermutterlogicalmutternobuggergotthejokemutter

Doesn't seem to be an emoticon for watering eyes :shock:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Greg T wrote:
    I used to get saddle sores on my rumble strip

Chamois cream applied liberally has had me sore free for two years - I even apply it sometimes before I cycle. I'd post pictures but site rules etc etc...

Nobody here wants to see pictures of the last turkey in the shop being held up by the neck and liberally greased, I can assure you.

This thread seems to have become bogged down in single entendres...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Check that his hygiene is above average...cycle in, shorts off, wash...cycle home, shorts off, wash etc. As simple as it sounds, if I sit around in sweaty shorts for any length of time I get spots in my groin, you could also call them lumps I suppose. After washing get him to clean the area with surgical spirit, this will ultra clean and harden the skin (not to the feel!) so that he is less prone to infection in the future.

My cleaning routine on the undercarriage is maybe a bit over the top, but I do lots of miles, and I never have problems now.

Err, TMI?

Seriously, surgical spirit on yer perineum? To harden it up? FFS, man, he's riding a bike, not pulling an oar with his knackers!

Why not try some wire wool? Or a Bosch sander? :shock:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    There's a walk in NHS place at the bottom of Broad St, just before the archway. It was pretty quiet in there at lunchtime today...
  • psiturbo
    psiturbo Posts: 64
    That is pretty bad...

Has he tried different angles on the saddle, What brand of saddle it is?

Is the bike fit for him from a bike shop or he did it himself watching some stupid youturd video?

By the way, I use cocoa cream/paste and works wonders... just a dab, on ce he starts sweating the cocoa activates and somehow creates a thin smooth layer that helps minimize the soarness.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    Greg66 wrote:

Why not try some wire wool? Or a Bosch sander? :shock:

You have to pay good money for services like that
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Greg66 wrote:

Seriously, surgical spirit on yer perineum?

Works for me!

Wikipedia:
    Rubbing alcohol can be applied as a cooling, soothing application for bedridden patients and athletes. It is also widely used for cleansing surgeons' hands and instruments and for the disinfection of skin prior to penetration by a hypodermic needle. As an antiseptic it is good against vegetative bacteria and fair against fungi and viruses
  • DCowling
    DCowling Posts: 769
    Greg66 wrote:

Seriously, surgical spirit on yer perineum?

Works for me!

Wikipedia:
    Rubbing alcohol can be applied as a cooling, soothing application for bedridden patients and athletes. It is also widely used for cleansing surgeons' hands and instruments and for the disinfection of skin prior to penetration by a hypodermic needle. As an antiseptic it is good against vegetative bacteria and fair against fungi and viruses

I did the Lyke Wake Walk when I was a bit younger , this is a 40mile hike in North Yorkshire and we treated the sole of our feet with surgical spirit to harden them against blisters,( I was only 11 so feet were still relatively soft) having said that, I dont think I would want to get the stuff too close to the ( as my 6yr old son calls them ) Bit's and Bob's