Glasgow Rider Looking For Training Mates

Kuffdam
Kuffdam Posts: 3
Hey guys

I'm new to the site and wanted to drop a quick post to see if anyone in Glasgow City Centre fancied hooking up for a few rides?

I'm based right in the city, only been here for a year and I train most Sunday mornings. Been training in Stirling with mates and enjoyed the company but don't think I'm totally fit enough to join a club yet.

I normally ride around 50 to 70 miles in the morning... I've recently rode in the Etape and also the Cairngorms 100 so I'm ok but looking to improve.

Anyone out there in the city like me and bored of riding on your tod... I'd be up for a meet.
Drop me a message and we can arrnage.

Thanks guys
John

Comments

• cozy
    cozy Posts: 12
    Hey, you say you're not fit enough for clubs but you'd be surprised - Lomond Roads do an introductory run on the first Saturday of every month (conveniently this Sat), which is a club run at a shorter distance and slower pace. Everyone is really friendly and helpful, and there's no boy racing goes on.

Link.
  • Kuffdam
    Kuffdam Posts: 3
    thanks for the info Cozy

I have dropped by the website and send off an email for a little info.
    I don't know Clydebank all that well but would be happy to come for a meet up.

Do you ride with the guys?

I'm over in the south side, right next to the Quay area.
  • stagwhite
    stagwhite Posts: 6
    Google Glasgow Wheelers. They used to have weekend club runs leaving from Bell's Bridge. I live in Yorkhill just on the other side of the river and was planning on hooking up with them at the beginning of the year but an accident has kept me off the bike for most of the year so far.

Glasgow Nightingale is maybe a similar distance to the Lomond club for you: http://www.glasgownightingalecc.org.uk/ ... sundayruns