Polar HRM - Battery change

macerello
macerello Posts: 57
My F6 receiver battery is due for a change, but according to Polar, this needs to be done by an authorised Polar service centre. Has anyone used a 3rd party i.e. local jewllers to change their Polar batteries, or even done them themselves? I'd rather not send it back to polar if possible. It's out of warranty so no problems there.

Thanks

Macarello

Comments

• andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Yup, dead easy, just be careful of tight little tiny screws at the back that are easily rounded - will need jewellers screwdrivers. Also be careful to not displace the rubber sealing ring that you should see.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    I've always sent mine back and it paid off for me as mine started letting in steam a couple of years after it was out of warranty yet Polar still sent me a new one. I explained to them that I had always used them to replace batteries so that the integrity of the water seal could be ensured however I was disappointed that this had nevertheless failed.

Can't say fairer than that.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Got mine replaced at the local jewllers. Started to let in condensation soon after and then stopped working. Sent it off to Polar but they couldn't repair it.
  • macerello
    macerello Posts: 57
    Thanks for the advice, it sounds like they can be a bit tempermental. I'll use it untill its completely flat and then send it back to Polar.

Cheers

Macerello