2»

Comments

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    Yay! it worked today :D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Yay! it worked today :D

Just a shame it was a repeat that we've all seen a dozen times.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Jeru wrote:
    Yep, mine apparently okay today,

Some lame, half @rse explanantion from Carlton Kirby in todays coverage about technical issues, but frankly that sounded like complete bo11ocks

They always manage to broadcast something when the weather is bad,

You clearly didn't watch the Giro, especially the Gavia stage
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Jeru
    Jeru Posts: 6
    RichN95 wrote:
    Jeru wrote:
    Yep, mine apparently okay today,

Some lame, half @rse explanantion from Carlton Kirby in todays coverage about technical issues, but frankly that sounded like complete bo11ocks

They always manage to broadcast something when the weather is bad,

You clearly didn't watch the Giro, especially the Gavia stage

Yep did watch Giro, my point, if not clear, was that even though weather may occassionally effect coverage (as per the gavia stage) we still get a programe, even if it might be footage of the crowd at the finish line.

It seems to me this was something else, otherwise why the conflicting statement from Sky and Eurosport about copyright / technical gremlins ?
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    yes very strange, i have spent the last two weeks watching the TDF upto the last 40k then switching it off and waiting for my oh to get home and watching the rest. Yesterday it says I cant purchase the show(WTF?) sky told my partner it was becauseeurosport started late and didnt inform sky. what a load of bollox it didnt make any difference when it started late in the last two weeks. funny it happened on such a bigged up stage, only just caught the last 10k on highlights.
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Todays live HD stage was a whopping 25 mins long :? Just saw Andy coming across the line then bertie finishing, oh well yesterdays trees looked good :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Bigpikle wrote:
    s when it cut off with 2-4km to go though and said 'end of programme' :evil: :evil:

I've heard numerous people moan about the reliability of Eurosport HD channel timings etc and have found it all to be perfectly true. Its a totally crap channel for some reason...

The way round that is to set your box to do a manual record from say 13.30 to 17.30 that will generally cover all of the stage and the round up afterwards.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • iainf72 wrote:
    dougzz wrote:
    I just don't get the HD love affair. Either you all have 60" plus TVs, or you had rubbish standard picture quality for other reasons.

You really need to see the Tour in HD.

+1