Spoiler thread.

2»

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Just to keep some form of editorial balance - don't forget that Andy Schleck's brother paid 8000 Euros for "training plans" from a gynaecologist!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Harry182 wrote:
    I'm undecided how I feel about AC's "attack" but if he was booed, as I've read he was, he didn't deserve to be.

Also, I really, really hope nobody bothers to publish a LA or JB quote on the matter.

Why not he is a rider in the race it would be interesting to see his take on it.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Just to keep some form of editorial balance - don't forget that Andy Schleck's brother paid 8000 Euros for "training plans" from a gynaecologist!

and AC was implicated in Puerto, well accroding top Klebers bit of paper he was anyway.
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Monty Dog wrote:

EH?? Whats this about? joke?
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Karl2010

Seriously, you need to change the thread title. There's a lot of folk at work who don't want to know what happened before the highlights are on tonight. :!:

said it before and i will say it again if you dont want to know the result

DO NOT VISIT A PRO CYCLING FORUM
    quite agree - Hmmm here we are in the final week of TDF - do you really expect to go into the Pro Race section of the forum and find no discussion about the latest news? get a grip, or stop winding people up about being spoilers..................................... when the newsreader says, if you dont want to know the results look away now I bet some of these people look in the mirror and complain to Mummy that they shouldnt have put a mirror where it reflects the TV!!!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Karl2010 wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:

Monty is referring to the fact Frank paid Dr Fuentes for "training plans"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    I see. Didnt realise Dr Fuentes was a gyno. Lets not go there anyway..
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    its what I was thinking,
    How else do you get the yellow jersey, unless they want a procession for the rest of the tour.
    Sh*t happens

By riding faster than the guy in yellow...rather than attacking when your only real rival has a mechanical problem. It's just not classy and rather bad form.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Karl2010

Seriously, you need to change the thread title. There's a lot of folk at work who don't want to know what happened before the highlights are on tonight. :!:

said it before and i will say it again if you dont want to know the result

DO NOT VISIT A PRO CYCLING FORUM

how delightfully patronising, Moray. big letters as well, just in case people don't quite get your point...! :wink:

i think how, what & when people use the forum is for is really up to them. as you say, it is a pro race forum BUT not exclusively relating to that day's race results. there are always other threads running, which people might like to dip in and out of without knowing what has happened that day.

personally, i have read this thread before seeing today's result, but it doesn't bother me. i know some people prefer not knowing though and that's fair enough - there will be the odd thread someone forgets to add the *spoiler* tag or doesn't know to use it and that's the risk you choose to run - but to suggest people 'should stay away' just sounds a little bit 1930s Germany to me.

the flip side though is when people do discover such a thread, not to fly off the handle (not necessarily in this case, but i have seen this in the past) - in most cases the author has just forgotten or didn't know (and as i say above, you know there's always a risk). a polite request or pm in most cases will do the trick.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Karl2010 wrote:
    Hard luck Schleck! I think Contaor was well within his rights to take advantage! Its a race after all!

I don't see that Contador did anything wrong at all. It's not like something truly terrible, like putting a spoiler in a thread title.

If AC did not think he did anything wrong, why the bull5hit about not knowing it had happened?
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Harry182 wrote:
    I'm undecided how I feel about AC's "attack" but if he was booed, as I've read he was, he didn't deserve to be.

Also, I really, really hope nobody bothers to publish a LA or JB quote on the matter.
    Badluck! There's an LA one on cyclingnews.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    If AC did not think he did anything wrong, why the bull5hit about not knowing it had happened?

I said I didn't think he didn't think he did anything wrong. I have no idea what he thinks.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    afx237vi wrote:
    This new thread title is much better... covers all bases.

Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze!

Yup.

The girl behind the Big D nuts.

She's clothed.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    iainf72 wrote:
    Karl2010 wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:

Monty is referring to the fact Frank paid Dr Fuentes for "training plans"

So after what AS probably called Bertie yesterday presumably Fuentes could treat him as part of his day job :lol:
  • moray_gub
    [

personally, i have read this thread before seeing today's result, but it doesn't bother me. i know some people prefer not knowing though and that's fair enough - there will be the odd thread someone forgets to add the *spoiler* tag or doesn't know to use it and that's the risk you choose to run - but to suggest people 'should stay away' just sounds a little bit 1930s Germany to me.

My point basically is this if a poster comes on a forum during the Tour De France and finds out the reuslt then it is their own fault, last year we had folk moaning 3 or 4 days after a stage. So i reiterate stay away if you dont want to know the result its not rocket science. Lastly to equate suggesting posters stay away with 1930s Germany is bordering on the pathetic.