Spoiler thread.

Karl2010
Karl2010 Posts: 511
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Hard luck Schleck! I think Contaor was well within his rights to take advantage! Its a race after all!

Comments

• gazmercer
    gazmercer Posts: 12
    edited July 2010
    +1

Couldn't agree more, especially as they are so close in GC. You wouldn't hear how unsporting someone was in something like F1 when a driver has a mechanical failure or crash, they just get on with it.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You are so going to get pwned
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    You are so going to get pwned
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • its what I was thinking,
    How else do you get the yellow jersey, unless they want a procession for the rest of the tour.
    Sh*t happens
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Hey.

Put spoiler in the thread title twat.
  • Karl2010
    Pwned? - There is a lot a stake. Its a race. Everyone is there to win!

Sh1t happens. Tough luck.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    SPOILER: Tough luck Schleck!
    epic
  • redddraggon
    Karl2010 wrote:
    Pwned? - There is a lot a stake. Its a race. Everyone is there to win!

I told you, you would get pwned.
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Hey.

Put spoiler in the thread title fool.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    serves him right for changing gear with a lot of pressure on the pedals. the clock didnt stop for me at the big g sportive when i did the same
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Tough luck, but huge effort and great fighting spirit - (and great television).
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    gsk82 wrote:
    serves him right for changing gear with a lot of pressure on the pedals. the clock didnt stop for me at the big g sportive when i did the same

Sorry, but that made me laugh!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • psiturbo
    psiturbo Posts: 64
    Contador is as cheap as it can be...

Freakin loser, what a way to get the yellow yersey. This tour is worthless to see.

Reminds me when I used to watch Pinks All Out, and when one of the drivers encounters engine problems the other one is whinning because more than a minute has past by and the promoters must call the winner, instead of waiting and have a fair race.

Contador = Fail
  • Yeh, Schlecks chain slipping will be the reason he loses the tour...

Get a grip people.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Karl2010 wrote:
    Hard luck Schleck! I think Contaor was well within his rights to take advantage! Its a race after all!

its the footballing equivalent of scoring straight from a throw in that your opponent has conceded to treat an injured player.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Yeh, Schlecks chain slipping will be the reason he loses the tour...

Get a grip people.

Surely if he loses it by less than 30 seconds it will be just that?
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Putting "tough luck schleck" in the title is a jerky move.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    donrhummy wrote:
    Putting "tough luck schleck" in the title is a jerky move.

But it says spoiler now, so it's fine :roll:
  • plectrum
    plectrum Posts: 225
    Just another reason not to like Alberto 'Operation Puerto, Team Manolo Director Dope Saiz, Team Johan Director Uber Dope Bruyneel' Contador.

This was one of the worst things I have ever seen, so first tour Contador wins by Rasmussen being suddenly in a shit storm and being removed by Rabobank and now this where he was looking beat by Schleck, failed to cover the attack and benefited by a fluke.

gsk82
    Perhaps you didn't watch the race rather listened to idiot commentators who seem unable to view with their eyes. He went over a bump in the road and the landing caused the chain to slip.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    edited July 2010
    Yeh, Schlecks chain slipping will be the reason he loses the tour...

Get a grip people.

This isn't about winning or losing the Tour. It's about attacking someone who has had a mechanical, and then afterwards saying he didn't realize it, despite the TV footage suggesting otherwise.

I'd tell you to get a grip, but it appears as if you've got your hand firmly on it now.
  • Karl2010

Seriously, you need to change the thread title. There's a lot of folk at work who don't want to know what happened before the highlights are on tonight. :!:
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    edited July 2010
    will3 wrote:
    SPOILER: Tough luck Schleck!
    epic

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think he should have gone with

SPOILER: andy schleck loses jersey due to bertie attacking him while he had a mechanical
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Karl2010 wrote:

its the footballing equivalent of scoring straight from a throw in that your opponent has conceded to treat an injured player.

No, it's not. In your scenario, there's an unspoken agreement there - I'll kick it out, you give it back.

The football equivalent is a defender falling over in the box because he's got the wrong studs on. He's made a mistake, no fault but his own - so you punish him for it by scoring, not wait until he's back on his feet.

I don't see that Contador did anything wrong at all. It's not like something truly terrible, like putting a spoiler in a thread title.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Going by the interview i thought AS was quite calm about it. Now if that was a certain sprinter there would be tears and helmets/bikes being thrown all over the shop :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    This new thread title is much better... covers all bases.

Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze!
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Contador showed that he lacks class! It't the unspoken rules which go a long way to make cycling the sport it is. It's not so long ago that Ullrich waited for Armstrong after an accident, and if my memory serves me correctly Armstrong had previously done the same for Ullrich on another occasion. It looked as if Schleck had Contador in trouble for the first time. I hope he takes the justified anger that he appears to have, and really has a go at Contador over the next couple of days!
  • Thanks to the moderator for the thread title change. :)
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Maybe they should put "spoiler" on the front page :roll:
  • Karl2010
    Sorry guys. I didnt "get it" but now i do, and i cant stop laughing.

"Spoiler - Tough luck Schleck", Classic!
    Fake Ebay Replica Team Jersy Wearer: Nusience Catergory (ME)

Sorry...

Its Schleck's fault the chain came off! Shouldnt have hit a bump. Or what ever it was.
    If someone went down and took Schleck out, thats differant.

People are bashing Contador but what about Sanchez & Menchov? They didnt look like stoping either!

Anyway its only 8 seconds. Should make for interesting TV for the rest of the stages.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Karl2010

Seriously, you need to change the thread title. There's a lot of folk at work who don't want to know what happened before the highlights are on tonight. :!:

said it before and i will say it again if you dont want to know the result

DO NOT VISIT A PRO CYCLING FORUM
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    I'm undecided how I feel about AC's "attack" but if he was booed, as I've read he was, he didn't deserve to be.

Also, I really, really hope nobody bothers to publish a LA or JB quote on the matter.