Most Annoying Eurosport Advert

Cheesyman99
Cheesyman99 Posts: 60
edited July 2010 in Pro race
While ITV may be the kings of showing more adverts than actual cycling, at least they are more varied with their commercials than Eurosport. So, which Eurosport ad do you find most annoying?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Where's the Pozzato Sidi advert? I voted other and this is the other.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    The most annoying is Tyler's purely down to the frequency it's shown. But the worst is Alberto's saddle one, it looks like it was made 20 years ago...
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    The Transitions ad that mentions Tyler "enjoying the tour" in his transitions lenses is fairly Ironic this morning :lol:
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    On Eurosport International I'd have to go with Tyler and his transition lenses , on British Eurosport I'd say Wiggle
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Wiggle ad is so cheesey...
  • greasedscotsman
    -Liam- wrote:
    The Transitions ad that mentions Tyler "enjoying the tour" in his transitions lenses is fairly Ironic this morning :lol:

Think Tyler is now enjoying the Tour in the same way that we are. Very important to have your Transitions on at all times, need to me careful of those changing light conditions in your living room!
  • RichN95.
    I think 'Incredible India' needs a mention too.

In fact they're all pretty annoying (other than the Contador/Schleck Specialized one)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    "Enjoy Shooting" is the weirdest, oiled up Pozzato is the most cringeworthy.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Why do they have so many adverts for countries? I'm going for the transitions ad though, strangely he seems to use standard cycling glasses while racing in reality!
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    From the above list it's Tyler, but overall most annoying is the Panasonic one that explains 3D TV and seems to run for about 1/2 an hour!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Oh, no-one's mentioned that flippin' Renault advert yet.

"Excuse me, but do you need this car?"

"No..." Meaningful pause. "...but I want it."

Yeah right.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Not shown all that much but the Malaysia tourist board ad is pretty shocking.

You can just imagine all the ad creatives sitting around the table a few hours before the crunch client meeting, sweating blood as they rack their brains trying to come up with a strapline. The clock is ticking and getting ever more desperate some bright spark realises that, as well as being in asia, 'malaysia' actually rhymes with 'asia'!

Bingo.

'Malaysia truly asia' is born despite being completely cretinous.
  • RichN95.

You can just imagine all the ad creatives sitting around the table a few hours before the crunch client meeting, sweating blood as they rack their brains trying to come up with a strapline. The clock is ticking and getting ever more desperate some bright spark realises that, as well as being in asia, 'malaysia' actually rhymes with 'asia'!

Bingo.

I see a different scenario where the same creatives sit around for ten minutes, come up with that slogan, say 'that'll do' and then all head down the wine bar to rack up the expense account
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    afx237vi wrote:

That ad is just the dumbest ad I've ever seen for cycling. What the heck does it have to do with the shoes? And yes, it is cringeworthy for sure.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Don't think I've seen it this year but the 'spin the shoe' one was pretty odd.
  • greasedscotsman
    do quite like the Wiggle ad, there's a shot that appear to be in an office with Wiggle boxes dotted around. Kinda reminds me of my office :D
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    RichN95 wrote:

Bingo.

I see a different scenario where the same creatives sit around for ten minutes, come up with that slogan, say 'that'll do' and then all head down the wine bar to rack up the expense account

:lol: You're probably right! God knows how they sold it to the client though...maybe they can't speak English
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    the wiggle ad is surreal

there is a dummy(?) looking at bike on a mantelpiece between 2 book shelves?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • greasedscotsman
    the wiggle ad is surreal

You don't keep your bike above the mantlepiece?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    As I voted on this earlier the Pozatto ad reappeared
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    the wiggle ad is surreal

You don't keep your bike above the mantlepiece?

so thats what they are for.....

4801593181_44f027683e.jpg
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    The BT football sky sports 1 and 2 advert gets my goat with that guy off 'the family' ( now mr BT) and his stupid cgi ball skills with celebrity footballers looking on in admiring way and gently fondling him (not sure why his basement carpark has an exit onto a footballs stadium tunnel anyway). What next Mr BT crossing the line infront of cav in a sprint in Paris and cav patting him on the back in a 'loving way'...

Is it just me or does anyone else find BTs adverts somewhat patronising (or I would do If I was a football fan)
  • Gotta be the SIDI shoes ad. Why does he hit himself in the chest with the shoes before thrusting them at the camera?
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    afx237vi wrote:

That's the only one worth seeing IMHO :D:D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    RichN95 wrote:
    I think 'Incredible India' needs a mention too.

In fact they're all pretty annoying (other than the Contador/Schleck Specialized one)

+100
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    I love 'incredible India' advert... And I also don't mind the sidi advert too as I have a pair, unfortunately now though when I get them out of the bag, I now have to strip off and oil myself up and smile with a big stupid grin or other times I get my best White suit on and have the strange urge to keep tapping them on my chest? Why is this?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I like the schlek vs bertie one.. how many did he say he could eat without chucking up? I see 3 here but pretty sure thats gonna hurt come morning time!

2360b1bd6e28df7951fb048fd0188b7b-getty-cycling-fra-tdf-2010-contador.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I hate the Ghana one. The first time it appeared seemed to be just after Ghana got knocked out of the World Cup.

Also, it was on during the Giro but the Turkish Airlines is odd.
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    Malaysia, Truly Asia...

but don't forget

Croatia. The Mediterranean as it once was (really annoyingly noisy if the soundtracks anything to go by)

and the one about Brazil awaits you with the faux americanised voicer over.

I like the one with Bert and Andy - I was surprised by a bear once so it brings back fond memories.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Polish marathon anyone?
    chain reaction?
    Bert and his 5 bar gates up the mountain?

There was quite a nice one for Azabyjahn earlier (sorry can't spell it but I'm sure you know which one I men).
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman