Aussie in the UK looking for the local Coluzzi bunch ride

justinkoke
justinkoke Posts: 4
So I have just moved to the UK and my bike will be landing in a few weeks, so by that stage I will be crawling up the walls to go for a ride.

I usually ride the Coluzzi in Sydney. It is a bunch ride (30+ riders) covering about 70km on weekday and 100km on a Saturday, averaging speeds between 35-45kmph.

Is there anything similar in or around London? I am currently living around Northwood (Middlesex).

Any help in finding something like this locally, or suggestions on local clubs would be most helpful.

Cheers,

Justin

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You mean are looking for a chaingang?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    You mean are looking for a chaingang?

I thougth he was after the local branch of the mafia. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Hillingdon circuit would probably be your best bet. Hillingdon CC is one club that runs there, but I've been away from that area for so long now that I wouldn't know who to recommend getting in touch with. I'm sure someone local will be along soon...
  • Hello mate - welcome to the UK!

I can't help with Coluzzi-style rides (I'm not sure there's anything in the UK that's quite that up itself :) ) but if you ever find yourself in Bath come and ride some West Country lanes with VC Walcot and/or the Future crew.

What brings you to Blighty?
    John Stevenson
  • I can't help with Coluzzi-style rides (I'm not sure there's anything in the UK that's quite that up itself :) )
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Hello mate - welcome to the UK!

I can't help with Coluzzi-style rides (I'm not sure there's anything in the UK that's quite that up itself :) ) but if you ever find yourself in Bath come and ride some West Country lanes with VC Walcot and/or the Future crew.

Hey JohnJohn,

Yeah, not really up for the 'attitude' more just the pace.

Jen, has secured a fellowship position here for 12 months, so she gets to compare the NHS to NSW Health :)

Myself? Just taking sometime off at the moment, will probably try and find a job in the next month or so to keep me occupied.

If we are up Bath way, I will let you know!

Jus
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    justinkoke wrote:
    Hello mate - welcome to the UK!

Hey JohnJohn,

Yeah, not really up for the 'attitude' more just the pace.

Jen, has secured a fellowship position here for 12 months, so she gets to compare the NHS to NSW Health :)

Myself? Just taking sometime off at the moment, will probably try and find a job in the next month or so to keep me occupied.

If we are up Bath way, I will let you know!

Jus

Bring your own gels, you certainly won't get given any! :lol:

Welcome!
  • johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    justinkoke wrote:
    Hello mate - welcome to the UK!

Bring your own gels, you certainly won't get given any! :lol:

Welcome!

:lol:Ouch!!!
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • Ouch!!!

I agree, must of missed something in the FAQ, lucky I have my own gels :wink:

Jus